Julet connector and wiring bundle

jusmat01

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 25, 2021
I purchased the Aikema 100 with a KT controller and LCD 4 - all with Julet connectors, from top bike kit. It works really well and Im pleased with how simple it was, even lacing the wheel was quite enjoyable!
However, the wiring is not tidy. The main issue is I have a 1 to 4 cable (which is far too long with 3 un-needed ends, dont have a throttle or brake cutoffs).
Is there a simple 8pin black to 5pin green cable that connects controller to LCD, or is this a knife and soldering iron job? If so is there a wiring pin to pin chart somewhere?
Thanks

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Hi, I have seen a (home-made) wiring diagram on this forum a few months ago, have just looked but can't find it for you.
Beware if buying a replacement harness, there are at least 2 different types ( 9 pin connectors for kits with lights fitted, 8 pin for those with no lights?), anything you buy must match what you already have.
Hope you find a solution, keep us updated :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The nearest cable to buy without having to bodge one is the 1T2 cable for throttle/display. You won't find a 8 to 5 wire trunk cable afaik, the extra pin outs are for the peripherals used and for the signal wire.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
It's a shame to cut your IT4 cable, but if you try to buy cable extensions and splice them to make your 5pin to 9pin cable, it will cost more than a new IT4.

So it's knife, solder, and heat shrink. The wire colors will probably track all the way thru, but just to insure yourself if they don't, match the 5 pins on the display to the 5 pins on the end of the IT4 with a continuity tester, and make notes. Then when you open the IT4, you can retrace the pins if the colors differ,

I think that spiral wrap, rather than split plastic wire looms also hides wires pretty well.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Nice job, thanks for sharing the wiring diagram :)

• Agree
Reactions: wheeliepete

jusmat01

May 25, 2021
Here is a photo of the finished project.
Total cost about £475, motor + controller arrived from top bike kit in 7 days. and then time to build. Battery from Yose UK, as you cant get batteries from TBK (battery courier cost prohibitive)
Surprisingly, I didn't save any significant money over Woosh bikes, and would have gone with them, had they had stock in. I did enjoy the build though.

Attachments

Reactions: harrys and Scorpio

jusmat01

May 25, 2021
After a few months of straightforward use, I am now seeing throttle error 01, resulting in no bike power.
I don't have a throttle however!!! Any ideas?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you have cut and shut the wire harness then the fault likely lies within and a possible short on the wiring ?