[Jun 6, 2016] Brighton meet up (Brighton)

lee-wave

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2012
Leatherhead
I was thinking maybe Madeira Drive then go east along the undercliff walk - are cycles permitted there ? - stop somewhere for a refreshment. This idea is a follow on from a meet I had with NealH and Chris Comber near Box Hill some years ago - it was very pleasant afternoon.......

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi Keith good to see you posting, I recently rode that route to Newhaven harbour so bikes allowed on the under cliff path but rates among the dullest/boring part of a ride I have ever under taken on a par with the old railway track routes. Apart from the white chalk faces and the E.Channel there is nothing else to view but a group ride would make the ride less dull.
If I can do a shift change then I would come along to meet other pedelec members as well as your good self again, at least it would be a bit quieter on a week day and a café or two to stop at.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you did not want to do Brighton how about part of the SOUTH DOWNS LINK. Could join it anywhere between Guildford and Shoreham
The DL link in most places is bike friendly but the section from near Wickam FM near its end north of the downs is rough and flinty and not very good for any thing other then mtb tyres.

chris_comber

Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2014
Redhill, Surrey
ah, that wouldn't be any good for my bike then... I need to turn my mtb into an ebike at some point.

I'm going to try and go to Dorking for the Prudential Ride London event later this month. To watch obviously :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
anyone interested in an Ebike meet up in Brighton July 25th -

lee-wave.....
Keith you have gone quiet. Is this still on the cards for a cycle meet up,
have you a time in mind ? Where abouts on Madeira Drive some where by the junction near Old Steine.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
FYI the Dorking bike event is in the next couple of weeks.
31st July, its a ride London event. Acess to Dorking will be very very limited for vehicular access, Many roads will be closed inc A25 and A24 in places.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Trains may be busy in to Dorking area that day, roads around the area that are open will be chocka for getting about and parking, best bet is to cycle in.

lee-wave

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2012
Leatherhead
Sorry guys I got this all wrong - I still work full time so cannot do a Monday- can we postpone to some weekend in August. I would use the opportunity to catch up with my son who lives there - his band is The Island Club, check it out they are pretty good...
Keith

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having swapped my shift to have the day free. I'm not wasting it so will ride on the downs, now I have replaced the bbs controller.