Just a quick hello and thanks for Anglesey!

paulcdb

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 11, 2014
Anglesey
I just wanted to say a quick hi!

I had a mechanical valve fitted about 5 years as well as an enlarged aorta and waiting for a second op in the near future so up until now i've had to use a car to go anywhere but now it's going to be nice to be able to get out a bit more.

I had a Kudos Tornado arrive today and went out to try it this evening and even reading all the helpful posts on here i was still surprised how well they go.

Initially i liked the idea of the throttle in case i got too tired to pedal but now i don't feel it's such an issue really. Whenever i started getting tired it was easier to knock the assistance up to 5 and just let the pedals turn a little and the motor kicks in, you don't need to put any force into it so that helps a huge amount.

When i hit a hill and the bike started slowing, just knocking the assistance up suddenly has you zooming up again too. Nothing like whizzing past another biker who's puffing and panting trying to get up it, lol

Guess tomorrow we'll see how the joints are but out of the 7 ish miles i can't think of any time i had to put any effort into it, lol :)

Only real problem now is the charger didn't come with it but the dealer says he'll get it sent out quickly so might get another ride out!

Reactions: Wicky

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
You tried Llandegfan hill yet? ;)

Croeso and take it easy!!
X

Reactions: paulcdb

paulcdb

May 11, 2014
Anglesey
You tried Llandegfan hill yet? ;)
lol, not yet... just took it out for a quick try but didn't want to go far until i know i can charge it. Never thought about Llandegfan hill but that'll be interesting. First challenge will be south stack hill since that isn't far but i don't know anyone else with an electric bike so guessing i'll be doing that solo!

Going to pickup a gel seat today though because it feels like sitting on concrete and hopefully i get time coming back from Llandudno to go collect the charger and hopefully take it out tomorrow with a full charge. :)

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
And another one would be Baron Hill, Beaumaris.. Then again not worth risking your life for!!

paulcdb

May 11, 2014
Anglesey
And another one would be Baron Hill, Beaumaris.. Then again not worth risking your life for!!
Well it looks like a nice place to take a ride around. Never really spent much time in Beaumaris though so might have to get a list going of places to visit.

My charger arrived today too and got a comfy seat so pretty much all set to go. Only thing I might look at changing soon is the front chain set? (Think that's what it's called) Since I rarely use 1 or 2 cogs even uphill and downhill my pedalling doesn't do anything, lol

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Hi Paul,

Don't be in too much hurry to lose those 2 front rings - The granny probably won't get any use, but I reckon you'll be looking for the 32 tooth one on steep hills.

If the squishy seat doesn't quite do the business, have a look at a Suntour ncx sprung seatpost.

paulcdb

May 11, 2014
Anglesey
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently considering buying a 52/42/30 set to replace whats on it. The biggest was 42 but reading up and 52 ish seems to be standard for 'normal' bikes so thinking this might work better. I'm not in a huge rush to change it though since I'm guessing he chains going to need to be replaced too *sighs*

I bought this Gel seat and looks like it's a lot comfier than the concrete seat but hopefully if the weather is nice tomorrow i'll take it out to try. Looks a bit :confused: but i've always gone for comfort over looks, i'll certainly keep the seatpost in mind though. I'm too old now to be risking all my joints from shaking out of their sockets! lol

So if anyone see an old git on Anglesey with an electric bike and an armchair for a seat... that's likely me! :p

Reactions: jackhandy