Just because i can build? but does that mean i should not enjoy it before the wife makes me sell it

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
After a few years of self building and after a loss of faith in the tsdz2 motors :mad: ,that only left one option .
Ordered a bbs hd for my latest fatbike went for a ride out on the farm today :rolleyes::D
Not built for speed will lower the overall gearing with a 42 on the front and only a 48v battery
The bluto rockshox are a great addition but have raised the stand over height, glad i could only get a 17.5 frame and not the 21 originally wanted its like a dumper truck

IMG_20200919_163543305.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gsm.terra

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
After a few years of self building and after a loss of faith in the tsdz2 motors :mad: ,that only left one option .
Ordered a bbs hd for my latest fatbike went for a ride out on the farm today :rolleyes::D
Not built for speed will lower the overall gearing with a 42 on the front and only a 48v battery
The bluto rockshox are a great addition but have raised the stand over height, glad i could only get a 17.5 frame and not the 21 originally wanted its like a dumper truck

View attachment 38385
I like it!
How do you find the BBSHD

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
To be honest only done 20 odd miles ,and could only find a hd motor with a 100mm bbb
First impressions are its heavy compared to a bbs02 750watt and the larger battery is also adding weight .But if you want to thrash it all day the hd appears bullet proof ,
The 750watt in my fs bike has been on the laptop and pushes 1300 watts plus but only in short bursts
the hd can provide more power for a longer period .
But its hard to compare a fat bike to this which is lighter and much faster even over the same route IMG_20200821_182629959_HDR.jpg

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
To be honest only done 20 odd miles ,and could only find a hd motor with a 100mm bbb
First impressions are its heavy compared to a bbs02 750watt and the larger battery is also adding weight .But if you want to thrash it all day the hd appears bullet proof ,
The 750watt in my fs bike has been on the laptop and pushes 1300 watts plus but only in short bursts
the hd can provide more power for a longer period .
But its hard to compare a fat bike to this which is lighter and much faster even over the same route View attachment 38388
Sounds good. I am waiting delivery on a BBSHD. Tried a couple of BBSO2/500w's and then 750w.
All have been very good.
More recently the TSDZ2/750w. Which quite frankly was bit of a disappointment, too many issues out of the box.
Looking forward to the HD. Out of curiosity, what Ah is your 48v battery?

Advertisers