Just for a laugh.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
OK with the snow, ice, rain and wind still here I thought I'd do some experimenting in my garage.

This involved my Kudos Typhoon and my Tacx rollers. With the front wheel removed and the forks bolted to the rollers the bike is stable and secure.

Last year I posted about getting 35 mph on the flat with the Typhoon and it appeared that would be as fast as I was ever going to get. So, with this in mind I set off on the rollers. I got 47.1 mph for a few seconds which was impressive. Now, I know I'll not be getting 47.1 mph on a flat road but it has shown me that the bike's gears and my old legs are both capable of going faster than I had achieved previously.

Obviously this means that when the roads are warmer and drier I will need to beat 35 mph. Sometime in the Spring/Summer you'll no doubt sea post from my wife informing you of my heart attack.

Reactions: Kinninvie

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
This involved my Kudos Typhoon and my Tacx rollers. With the front wheel removed and the forks bolted to the rollers the bike is stable and secure.

I got 47.1 mph for a few seconds which was impressive. Now, I know I'll not be getting 47.1 mph on a flat road but it has shown me that the bike's gears and my old legs are both capable of going faster than I had achieved previously.

Try tilting the rig in your garage so you will be going "downhill" even faster

Reactions: Jimod and JohnCade