Just seen this bike via gogoling by chance ..

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Whats your thoughts fellow bikers on this bike , are several others also ?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I'd avoid it like the plague. There was a massive marketing campaign for them. they were featured in every magazine and newspaper, then followed a whole load of fake reviews. It has all sorts of bespoke things on it, so when it goes wrong in a couple of years time, you'll have a nice trellis for your flowers in the garden. Sorry to be so negative, but I've spent 10 years helping guys fix their bikes on this forum. when it comes to bikes like this with bespoke systems, we can't offer any help, leaving the owners in despair.

Take my advice and buy a bike from an established brand with a good reputation for supporting their customers, like Juicy, Wisper, Woosh or go to your local electric bike shop and see what they have.

All electric bikes need fixing sooner or later. Some bikes have standard systems (Chinese) that can be diagnosed and fixed by yourself. or anyone. Other bikes have more sophisticated systems from Bosch, Shimano, Yamaha, Brose, etc that are well-known and supported by a network of dealers. They need special equipment to diagnose problems that only the dealers have. Some bikes have bespoke systems that hardly anybody knows about or can fix.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Hi ,
I don't know much if at all anything re - e bikes as its all new to me , and ive been looking into possibly buying an e-bike but in no big rush for now

For now have stood by my non e-bike Ive used from past years
as I am wary regards say buying a new e-bike and then something breaks down with motor or such likes inside a year or so ?
as they shall I imagine be costly to get fixed or renewed

and also having to send it away for work to be done wont be cheap

With my non e-bike in last many years ive not had one problem since purchased

But an e bike certainly would aid up hilly parts has my thoughts on one .

Stubod

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2020
..I would be put off by auto gears...seems to be a solution for a problem that does not exist?...and yet more to go wrong..

Reactions: budsy

WallyM

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
I had a test ride on that when I was in Amsterdam, actually it was a rent a bike. Not sure of the exact model since it was last year....and mine was bright yellow and the bar was like a Dutch Cruiser.
It drove ok, I had a bit of troubles with the sensors because they accelerated me into dangerous situations, but eventually one probable gets used to it. In the end of the day i just drove is carefully as if I had eggs under my feet and that helped.
But basically something like that I had in mind, minus the Granny design of the handlebar, since I am a vivid MT biker I prefer the straight bars.
But also the mentioned "gearbox" and other E-features would probably turn me off a bit. A bike is an outdoor vehicle and not protected by a cover like a car, so trouble from H2O is preprogrammed.
In my eyes the good old "keep it simple stupid" is a better way than a high tech cruiser... But then the kiddos nowadays wanna show off and need that stuff.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
they did keep it simple by removing all the wires.
I like it.

WallyM

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2020
they did keep it simple by removing all the wires.
I like it.
As I mentioned, I had probably the prior model in Amsterdam and that still had wires. If its now Bluetooth it may be ok, but do they still need the phone for controls ?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's worth reading the reviews. You can disregard any 5 star ones from reviewers that have only ever posted one review because they're most likely fake. If a company spends massive amounts on marketing campaigns, it's nothing to arrange a load of fake reviews, but any intelligent person can spot them from a mile away.

Most of the 5-star ones look like they were written before they ever rode the bike, like, "Received my bike today. It's perfect. Very happy". In a brief scan through the reviews, I couldn't find a good one from anybody that had covered some miles, but plenty of bad ones.

The best one was the guy that his his bike stolen and tried to use the tracking system, which didn't work at all.

Reactions: WallyM and budsy

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
..I would be put off by auto gears...seems to be a solution for a problem that does not exist?...and yet more to go wrong..
Ive actually been put off e -bikes for good , with all the many problems
ive read about them on this very forum I reckon as I aint parting with good cash
for a bike in a year or 2 mess up .. just seem t be many problems with e bikes
for my liking and u can ask Simon Cowell :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WallyM

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Simon Twatty Face wasn't riding an ebike but an 15kw e- motorbike .

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Media doesn't know the difference between an arse and an elbow.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
It's worth reading the reviews. You can disregard any 5 star ones from reviewers that have only ever posted one review because they're most likely fake. If a company spends massive amounts on marketing campaigns, it's nothing to arrange a load of fake reviews, but any intelligent person can spot them from a mile away.

Most of the 5-star ones look like they were written before they ever rode the bike, like, "Received my bike today. It's perfect. Very happy". In a brief scan through the reviews, I couldn't find a good one from anybody that had covered some miles, but plenty of bad ones.

The best one was the guy that his his bike stolen and tried to use the tracking system, which didn't work at all.
Know reviews on many things we buy can be dodgy as I do think many companies
have their family or friends put in top reviews also ..ive often also read not so nice a review or two then next 5/6 reviews all top marks :)
so in a way many reviews u cant go by at all , but some people shall i reckon ..

Reactions: WallyM

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
In Twatty's case they used lazy reporting as is often the case and initially just used a stock pick of an e-bike, being in the US that could be anything and certainly not an EU legal pedelecs. Then the true story came out after some digging and it was one of the EB01 e- moto bikes that SW has incidentally posted about on another thread.

The same lazy reporting also occurs here where they spread fake news because they just use stock pics which just are not the item they are reporting on.

For instance in the UK in the world of the Apiarist there is a threat from the Asian Hornet which is a little bigger then a common Queen wasp but smaller then our non threating common European Hornet, yet the media choose to use a stock pic of a Giant Mandarin Hornet which are quite mahoosive and this scares some members of the public who hate anything that fly's and can sting. Then they kill anything that they see different out of fear/apprehension yet the same insects all quiet harmless have been around for ever and a day.
People search out wasp nests just to kill them, harmless dragon flies become a target as does the harmless imposing looking wood wasps etc,etc.
With online material so readily available the stupid public have the info at there hands to do some simple homework to see that most pose no threat at all.

P.s. Excuse the slight rant for taking the thread off course.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
  • :D
Reactions: budsy and RossG