just to annoy

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Looks simple enough. Front hub motor in 24" rim, controller and battery in/under basket.

Nice easy conversion. Now you have to decide on a kit.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A disingenuous advert - suggesting it is electric when it isn't - is not an encouraging start.

My advice is don't - a cheap and nasty Chinese trike for £400 will be just that.

The powered version, at £1,600, is way overpriced.

Although the folding wine glass looks fun.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/PoweredBicycles?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
A disingenuous advert - suggesting it is electric when it isn't - is not an encouraging start.
Well, title says "PoweredBicycles Adult City Folding Non-Electric Trike - Brand New" so I think the company name is "PoweredBicycles" (one word) and that the bike is "non-electric".

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Cheap Chinese bikes are often very heavy..
I think all electric bikes are very heavy. Spending a lot of money on a premium bike does not seem to reduce the weight significantly. Probably considered by manufacturers to be non-relevant because of the assistance, and therefore money is spent on more or better equipment.

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
Yes they all seem to be about the same weight regardless of where they are made and if well looked after ie kept inside etc then I see no reason why a cheap one should'nt last as long as a more costly. Plus you have to bear in mind that I just do ordinary riding not take it down mountains and I don't race around. My last non electric bike cost me £70 new, came from china and I had it 10years and it still sold for £50 when I went over to electric doesn't that show how good care makes a difference.

Reactions: OldBob1 and trex

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I stumbled on this on eBay. It may or may not be useful to you:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=391073540261&alt=web
Yes they all seem to be about the same weight regardless of where they are made and if well looked after ie kept inside etc then I see no reason why a cheap one should'nt last as long as a more costly. Plus you have to bear in mind that I just do ordinary riding not take it down mountains and I don't race around. My last non electric bike cost me £70 new, came from china and I had it 10years and it still sold for £50 when I went over to electric doesn't that show how good care makes a difference.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH