Kalkhof endeavour BS10 Bosch motor issues. 2014 model.

Wilko

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2018
Leicester UK
I began this thread in the introductions section but things have moved on....

The motor is not assisting, I had just returned to my bike, replaced the display :
  • The Bosch display looks normal except there is no speed display.
  • The battery is fully charged (shows all leds when on the charger).
  • On the bike the battery shows one battery led.
  • The display shows only 3 bars (this is probably the status when everything last worked)
  • If I press and hold the battery button whilst on the bike, when I release it all leds light up,but over say twenty minutes dwindle to one led. Returning it to the charger all LEDs show up.
  • The thumb switch will change the power assist and information on the screen.
  • The lights do not switch on from the display screen.
  • I have charged the display unit using the USB port overnight.
  • I have cleaned all the contacts with electrical contact cleaner and put a little vaseline on.

Took the bike to 50cycles. Tried different display and battery. Still no assist. Left with 50 cycles.

50 cycles shared error codes with Bosch who report that it requires new motor. Estimate is £600 plus.

Can anyone offer any advice - is there someone out there repairing these motors ?

Paul.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Bearing Man

Trade Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hampshire
www.ebikemotorcentre.com
I began this thread in the introductions section but things have moved on....

The motor is not assisting, I had just returned to my bike, replaced the display :
  • The Bosch display looks normal except there is no speed display.
  • The battery is fully charged (shows all leds when on the charger).
  • On the bike the battery shows one battery led.
  • The display shows only 3 bars (this is probably the status when everything last worked)
  • If I press and hold the battery button whilst on the bike, when I release it all leds light up,but over say twenty minutes dwindle to one led. Returning it to the charger all LEDs show up.
  • The thumb switch will change the power assist and information on the screen.
  • The lights do not switch on from the display screen.
  • I have charged the display unit using the USB port overnight.
  • I have cleaned all the contacts with electrical contact cleaner and put a little vaseline on.

Took the bike to 50cycles. Tried different display and battery. Still no assist. Left with 50 cycles.

50 cycles shared error codes with Bosch who report that it requires new motor. Estimate is £600 plus.

Can anyone offer any advice - is there someone out there repairing these motors ?

Paul.
Hi Paul,
Happy to have a look at it for you. I can fit your motor to my test rig, this will rule out any issues with your wiring, controller and battery. If the motor does the same thing on my rig, then I can check and inspect the wiring connections at and inside the motor and circuit board. I can also visually inspect the circuit board for dry joints, tracking, damage etc.
If it does turn out to be a component failure on the board then it would probably mean a new motor if I can't identify the component.
It would definitely be worth having a look before spending £600! But the choice is yours.
Peter.

Advertisers