kalkhoff battery lock

philo

Just Joined
Jan 8, 2018
manchester
be aware of problem with some kalkhoff battery lock mechanisms being faulty. I purchased recently followed procedure for locking. and the battery fell out of the frame damaging the battery. being given the runaround by kalkhoff. and seller! getting nowhere. contrary to instructions you have to have the key in the lock position before mounting the battery. completely opposite to instructions

Cats

Just Joined
Mar 17, 2019
be aware of problem with some kalkhoff battery lock mechanisms being faulty. I purchased recently followed procedure for locking. and the battery fell out of the frame damaging the battery. being given the runaround by kalkhoff. and seller! getting nowhere. contrary to instructions you have to have the key in the lock position before mounting the battery. completely opposite to instructions
Hi philo
Could you please give me more info on this subject or point me in the right direction as I can’t lock my battery onto my bike anymore. I purchased the bike in April 2016.
Kind regards
Cats

Helzinski

Just Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Hi philo
Could you please give me more info on this subject or point me in the right direction as I can’t lock my battery onto my bike anymore. I purchased the bike in April 2016.
Kind regards
Cats
Mine too, can’t unlock the battery to recharge it and I live in a basement flat and can’t carry my bike down there as it’s too heavy! Helz

Ocsid

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2017
Hampshire
Ours is a 2016 Kalkhoff Agattu and we have never to my knowledge ever used the key when installing the battery, just positively click it into place. And it is fitted and replaced after every ride, so done a couple of hundred or so times.

Clearly we need the key to get it out.

I recall the dealers stressing to ensure it is solidly clipped in, as "it falling out could be exceedingly expensive", so we do.