kalkhoff endevour bs10 or focus jalfira premium xt

gryffe1974

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2014
hi folks,

having successfully sold my old ebike im now in the market for a new one the 2 models i keep coming back to are the focus and the kalkhoff endevour bs10 im basically looking for advice on what to go for my daily commute consists of cycle track most of the time with quite a few steep hills thrown in, i really cant make up my mind between the two..over to you guys.

thanks.

petitfilou

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 6, 2013
Stafford
hi folks,

having successfully sold my old ebike im now in the market for a new one the 2 models i keep coming back to are the focus and the kalkhoff endevour bs10 im basically looking for advice on what to go for my daily commute consists of cycle track most of the time with quite a few steep hills thrown in, i really cant make up my mind between the two..over to you guys.

thanks.
Having bought a BS10 in November I found it to be a magnificent beast in the two days I owned it for .Having bought it for cycle track and road use I was unamused to find that it was illegal for road and cycle track use
It`s assisted speed was beyond current allowed legislation and uninsurable to boot !

.50 CYCLES .took it back I bought a Kalkhoff Harmony Ergo Du Vinci another great but now road legal e- bike .Many replies have ensued since then to my post re My Learning Curve .As this was my first e bike experience I can not help you with comparisons.
Good luck .

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The Focus is more an off-road bike, no mudguards etc for commuting. The BS10 would be better for commuting but it is of course not really legal for use in UK. The Kalkhoff Pro Connect is a good commuter bike with the same motor / battery as the Focus. Unless the cycle track you use is very rough I would be inclined to go for the Pro Connect.

You should try them out before deciding. Where are you?

gryffe1974

Pedelecer
Feb 3, 2014
I'm in the Glasgow area not alot of shops in the area that stock ebikes, so will just need to take a shot in the dark although i think the focus would be a good buy seems to be well kitted out with top spec components.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As has been pointed out, a Kalkhoff is better equipped for commuting.

How tall are you?

The 29er wheels and tyres on the Focus make for a very high front end.

If you are anything less than 6ft, you may struggle with cross bar clearance.

Not such a problem for continuous rides, but it will drive you nuts (ha-ha) if the commute involves a lot of stopping and starting.