Kalkhoff Impulse Evo - shift sensor query

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
I am hoping someone can answer this question as there isn't anything on the Kalkhoff site. I have purchased a Kalkhoff Image 5.I Advance with the Impulse Evo motor. Its great but I have found a bit of a "glitch" - maybe I am missing something. In the settings there is a shift sensor change - which I wasn't sure what this does. As normal I started to fettle with the settings and I put this onto the fastest setting of 50ms. Unfortunately, when I do that the crank sensor seems to not engage until after the first pedal turn - tricky at roundabouts or traffic lights on a hill! I returned it back to 150ms and it seems to be ok. I am just wondering if someone else has had this problem?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's purpose is to cut the motor when you change gear to stop crunching them. I never played eith the settings, but I would have assumed that the 50mS is the dwell time that the motor is switched off after the cable stops moving, but from what you're saying, it seems to be that the setting is the wrong way round.

Is your pedal delay because you're moving the shift cable?

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
It's purpose is to cut the motor when you change gear to stop crunching them. I never played eith the settings, but I would have assumed that the 50mS is the dwell time that the motor is switched off after the cable stops moving, but from what you're saying, it seems to be that the setting is the wrong way round.

Is your pedal delay because you're moving the shift cable?
No I am at a stop - say at a roundabout or at the bottom of a hill. I try to start and there is no power until the second turn of the pedals. If I return the setting to 150ms I have power at the first turn.

Advertisers