Kalkhoff ProConnect S preorders?

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Has anyone placed an advance order for a ProConnect-S ? If so, what were your reasons for choosing this over the reg. ProConnect?

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Isn't there anyone that has ordered or is thinking of ordering a ProConnect-S ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Isn't there anyone that has ordered or is thinking of ordering a ProConnect-S ?
We aren't allowed them on UK roads Intex. The only country where they are sold at present where they are allowed is Germany where they are made, though in the absence of a US Kalkhoff agent, 50cycles will export them to there.

Switzerland also permits that high speed class of bike but I doubt Kalkhoff will bother with that market at present which is where the S class BikeTech Flyers are made.

So the only possible responses at present are if one of our couple of German members buys one or if a US citizen orders one from 50cycles.

Intex

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2008
Thank you FLECC, I wasn't aware thgat there wewre so few forum members outside of the U.K. Other than the fact that they are not sold per se in UK, how would anyone ever know what the specs were, let alone the police in the U.K.?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As you infer, the chances of detection are very small although over 25 mph might give the game away in a 15 mph limit country like ours.

It's really a matter of weighing up the consequences, which for us in the UK could mean a loss of a driving licence as well as several fines.

C

Cyclezee

Intex,

I don't know if they are available yet, even in Germany, and doubt if any will make their way to the UK.
As you are probably aware Raleigh Deutschland is owned by Derby Cycles of Cloppenburg, who also own Kalkhoff and some other brands names.
I believe you live in the Paris area Intex, so maybe if you contact Derby Cycles, they may be able to tell you about availability to France. Alternatively, Paris is not too far from Germany if wanted to travel to collect either a Kalkhoff or Raleigh. German dealers are list on their respective websites.
You might even get a good deal from 50cycles in the UK as the € is quite high compared to the £ at the moment.
J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator: