For Sale Kalkhoff Sahel Compact Electric bike, ultra long range battery, showroom condition.

The Nomad

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2019
Kalkhoff Sahel Compact "Urban Impulse" electric bike.
Literally mint, showroom condition, fitted with the extra cost Kalkhoff ultra long range (90 mile) 603 Watt battery, the bike has done just 39 miles.
Every component is of the very highest German engineering quality: Impulse crank drive with balanced torque and cadence sensing technology, superb 8 speed Shimano Nexus hub gears, Magura hydraulic brakes, Schwalbe Big Ben ultra puncture-resistant tyres, Kalkhoff patent quick 90 degree bars rotation for easy storage, superbright integrated led lights, etc etc etc.
Full technical specifications available at
Or Google Kalkhoff Sahel Compact.

Kalkhoff ebikes are the Rolls Royce of the electric bike world; the retail price of this bike is over £1800.
Will accept £950 for a quick sale.
Buyer collects from DT2 8JQ (Dorchester area).

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Highest quality German engineering there will be few cringing at those words especially when Impulse drive is concerned.

• :D
Reactions: soundwave

The Nomad

Jun 22, 2019
Highest quality German engineering there will be few cringing at those words especially when Impulse drive is concerned.
And many tens of thousands of people utterly delighted with the brilliant quality of Kalkhoff ebikes.

Reactions: Ocsid

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I expect there are but also many disappointed especially some of the posters on here previously, one poster has had 3 motors not a great advertisement for low mileage.

The Nomad

Jun 22, 2019
When you've sold 500,000 ebikes, none of the 499,997 who are delighted with their ebike go on forums to comment.
The 3 who had a problem do.
Same with cars, with mobile phones, with every other consumer good.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
50 cycles has gone bust because of that motor, they are not fit for purpose.

you would be better of with a local add or ebay as no one on here will touch it with a barge poll.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
not sure if it will fit or not but the evo motor is 750 euros for a new one.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
When you've sold 500,000 ebikes, none of the 499,997 who are delighted with their ebike go on forums to comment.
The 3 who had a problem do.
Same with cars, with mobile phones, with every other consumer good.
Unfortunately, these motor failures are not just some random 0.0006%. Failure is certain. It's just a matter of when it'll happen. Most seem to fail before 1750 miles, with a lot going in the range 1500-1700 miles. I don't remember a single forum member who's motor didn't fail at least once.

The situation wasn't helped by the lack of support from the importing agents (50 Cycles) and Kalhoff themselves. Derby Cycles, the owners of Kalkhoff offered support, but there was no access to it from the UK without help from the agents, which leaves you with the only choice of a DIY replacement motor from Germany at around £500.

Many members had trusted Kalkhoff after upgrading from or basing their choice on the reputation of the previous 24v Panasonic bikes, which were bullet proof. A few of them were proud owners, boasting that there was nothing wrong with their bikes, but they all had to eat humble pie eventually.

I think your price is fair. Most people will never do 1000 miles on their electric bike, so the chances are that they won't experience the motor problem, and those bikes are really nice while they're working.

Last edited: