Kalkhoff Sahel Premium i360 Harmony

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Hi ...I've just bought a new Kalkhoff bike, for the life of me I cannot get to grips with the automatic gears.
I'm either pedalling like a madman or riding through treacle.
Would someone please explain, if possible in easy to understand words, how do I set the "cadence"
The bike I tried at Loughborough was fine but they don't explain how to set it on the bike I've bought.
....no explanation in the paperwork and if it's on the CD I can't find it.
Any help appreciated....many thanks....Mike

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for that Rob .....the review states ...

Switching to fully automatic means simply twisting the grip to a preset pedal cadence –
but doesn't say how to set the "cadence"

cheers....Mike

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
"Switching to fully automatic means simply twisting the grip to a preset pedal cadence – the computer display on our test bike indicated anything from about 35rpm to 90rpm was achievable at a more or less steady rate, whatever the riding conditions."

Looks like it should come up on the display.

But leaving that aside, there appears to be a manual mode which I would start with in a bid to establish if the bike was working correctly.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Cheers Rob....I don't think there is anything on the display relating to pedal cadence.
I had a Woosh Sirocco CD which I thought was brilliant but I couldn't do with the gears clunking when I changed gear, this Kalkhoff was supposed to make gears easier...there's always a price to pay :)
thanks.....Mike

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

superDove

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshunt, Herts. UK
When I test rode one months ago I remember pedaling at the cadence I wanted then pressing a button on the shifter and then on automatic mode I could maintain that effort regardless of terrain.

I thought the technology was a game changer.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Thanks Croxden
...this is what it says....I can understand that but it's not happening for me.

With the Harmony Base Controller, the rider chooses one of three factory preset cadence speeds and activates the system by simply pushing a button on the handlebar-mounted controller.
cheers....Mike

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks Croxden
...this is what it says....I can understand that but it's not happening for me.
It didn't work for me either, Mike, when I tried one. Stangely, I think it was 103Alex1 tried it first, and he said it worked perfectly, but for me it was in the wrong gear all the time. He's a lot lighter than me. Maybe the extra torque on it prevented it from changing down. My manual Nuvinci, takes a lot of force to change down when you start climbing. I can't believe that a little servo motor can provide that amount.

Advertisers