Kalkhoff Sahel

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
Hi I am considering buying a kalkhoff Sahel it's either 2013 or 2014 how would I be able to tell which motor is fitted I don't know much about electric bikes but I know the impulse 2 motor was terrible

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Impulse 11 was introduced 2014 so the year needs to be more specific, consideration should be given to battery age. At seven years one will not know for how long it will continue without degradation.

Sniper45

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2019
I have emailed the guy to ask if it's original battery he said the bike was manufactured in 2013

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I wouldn't recommend getting one with any motor type. Spares are very difficult to get hold of, and you need diagnostic equipment to find the causes of faults, which hardly anybody has anymore. Also, the harmony system is a bit wafty as well as being very heavy. You may need help from a dealer to get it working properly for you. batteries are not too much of a problem. There are still quite a few on German Ebay, though I don't know whether that's still practical after Brexit.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
In my experience the Impulse 1 motor was also not immune from problems. Specifically malfunctioning of the internal torque sensor leading to a significant reduction in levels of assist. I loved the look of the Sahels, and there was much to like about the bike. I bought 10 for my business but they turned into a bit of a nightmare. I’d be very cautious buying another.