Kalkhoff Tasman display problem?

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
Hi all

I have had a Kalkhoff Tasman for just over a year. I think it's great. However when I was out riding yesterday, after a short break at a friend's, when I resumed riding, the display (small display) showed only "PEDAL".

It goes through the normal start up sequence but then just shows the word PEDAL on screen.

When I switch off the power, the final item on screen is "C004" which I presume is some sort of code.

I have reported this to both 50cycles and Kalkhoff and am awaiting a response but I wonder if anyone else has had this?

Although obviously can't see it on the display, I believe that the power functions are working.

Many thanks

John

Reactions: Mike63

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
I've just bought a Tasman so watching this thread with interest.
....Mike

Jst_at_home

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2014
Hi Mike,

This has been strange. I have been in touch with the dealer but not had anything back from them yet other than an e-mail acknowledgement and a phone call.

However, I decided to run the battery down and see what happened. After recharging and refitting the battery, I discovered that sometimes he incorrect display would come up and sometimes the correct display was shown.

I discovered that by switching on and off a few times I could get the correct display.

I then took the bike for a 10-mile ride during which the display behaved faultlessly but when I got back, rather than switching off, I let the power time-out.

At the moment, things seem to be OK.

All the above could be coincidental. I can't say if this was or is a hardware fault or whether it's simply become "confused".

However throughout this, the bike has worked perfectly and even when the incorrect display was shown it has still accumulated mileage covered.

I've had my Tasman for 15 months and I think it's great.

John

Advertisers