Kalkhoff test ride after kit build!-Brilliant

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Just want to update you all on my cardboard box buy from ebay for £85 into a complete rebuilt flyer!
Took her out for a quick test run whilst waiting for the plastics (chainguards) to arrive from Germany....
see my other posts.
Brilliant well chuffed with my efforts for about £280-£300 I have an excellent bike.
Thanks to all for your help in my rebuild.
Will be selling my other Kalkhoff in the summer!
Simon

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/688380466

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
Well done Simon. Perseverance got you there, however did we get by in the days before Internet searches. Glad this all came together. I take it you like the 350w drive.

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Oh yes it's a much better ride. It encourages you to go up a few gears whilst going up hills! Fantastic upgrade from the 250 w version. I cannot believe somebody can leave something go so badly into disrepair.
The headset was in bits, the chain cassette loose and badly worn. Mudguards removed. Front brakes not working (still have to address this!)
All the plastics removed sometime ago along with the rear rack and thrown away! Have virtually renewed everything mechanical and am just waiting for the plastic chain guards and battery locator tray from Germany as 50cycles never got back to me with a price!
The frame is small size compared with my current kalkhoff which is large it's about 4 inch difference so have the seat raised up.
Where I live in wales it's a welcome boost in power! I thought it was a 300 watt version?
But overall well impressed will post pics when I get the guarding.
Simon

Reactions: oriteroom

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008

pontylad

Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2015
Even more impressive is that you ended up rebuilding the original. At first i think you were intending to just get the motor and replace the one on your existing bike. If you want a challenge how about this one!!!!!! Mind you he's optimistic about what he thinks the heap is worth

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171639713040?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Best wishes
Ha ha yes I saw that pile. He's having a laugh with the price. He will never get any where near that price more likely to get £80....
Did this about adding the motor to mine but I will sell it as its complete and working well. Just need another battery now.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It's hardly worth getting a battery.mthere is no interest in mine for £500 with the 12A battery and 8 Spd hub?
The ebayer wouldn't take my offer is a pound for his though and I think that was fair.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
It's hardly worth getting a battery.mthere is no interest in mine for £500 with the 12A battery and 8 Spd hub?
The ebayer wouldn't take my offer is a pound for his though and I think that was fair.
I always bump threads if I'm selling something. Some people selling hifi on sites I go to go overboard and bump several times a day. But a gentle reminder every couple of days will keep it near the top and isn't against the rules is it?

Reactions: D8ve

Advertisers