Kt LCD broken button bracket

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
So I got a new hub installed (cyclotricity 500w) and it works at treat, yay! However at some point during the faf I have snapped the plastic bracket that holds the buttons in place. Any hack for this? Would super glue hold do you think?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This will fix it. You can now find it on Ebay and Amazon. Make sure that you get both the glue and the UV light:
Cheaper equivalent.
Another possibility if you're going to break a lot of things.

Last edited:

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
This will fix it. You can now find it on Ebay and Amazon. Make sure that you get both the glue and the UV light:
Cheaper equivalent.
Another possibility if you're going to break a lot of things.
Thanks. I was thinking of upgrading to an all julet plug setup with the colour LCD 8 so I may just live with it or bodge it

H

Hison

If you take the standard superglue, it's not much use. I remember looking for one myself and it was a real problem. That's why I personally do not recommend using standard methods in this case. I remember by myself looking for good glue of high quality and I had to look for it long enough. I needed a special glue for metal and wood, because if you take just wood, it will be useless, because there are pores in the wood, but metal doesn't. That's why you need a universal glue for these substances. Fortunately, this article helped me to learn the best glue for wood to metal https://gluefaq.com/best-glue-for-metal-to-wood/ . There are details on this case, so you can easily find out exactly how you can find good glue. I, for one, did and I don't regret it. You can look and see. It'll be good for everyone, I think you can pick it up for yourself as well. You can choose any one of the ones that are listed, they all do a great job.

Last edited by a moderator: