KT-LCD1

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
Ive just had a Cyclotricity 250/500watt dual power kit fitted with a KT-LCD1. The setting P1 is default at 46 and i dont know what its for. Is this correct. Thanks.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Dave, if found out the name and model number of the motor would you possibley be able to tell me more about the P1 setting. Thanks. Andy
Sorry. it's outside my knowledge base, I would think someone will be along who can help if you post the numbers.
Fond memories of cycling around your area a few years ago.:)
Dave.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
P1 setting is explained in the manual. Prob. best to ask Cyclotricity about the spec of the motor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is D/D hub then yes 46 is correct, D/D hubs are gearless so. 46 is the standard P1 setting.

P1 relates to hub gear ration and magnets inside a geared hub, the multiplied figure helps to set the odo speed correctly though can be adjusted manually to try and get it a bit more accurate.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
If it is D/D hub then yes 46 is correct, D/D hubs are gearless so. 46 is the standard P1 setting.

P1 relates to hub gear ration and magnets inside a geared hub, the multiplied figure helps to set the odo speed correctly though can be adjusted manually to try and get it a bit more accurate.
Thank you Nealh

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
Hi
I explained parameter P1 in the thread:
Q100 parameter P1 explained

It’s about aligning the controller perception of the wheels actual speed, with the speed lidt that you have entered e.g. (25 km/h in Europe)

Do not be fooled by the original setting, thinking that it is correct. It’s just whatever the vendor uses as standard for all wheels they sell

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
1) Chose whatever wheel size that show your speed correct in the display (as Close as possible)

2)Type in 25 km/h or 15 miles/h as speed limit

3) type your “baseline” Into parameter P1. It is gear ration X number of magnetsvin moto

4) the adjust P1 up or down to make the motor tap’er of at the speed limit, as described in the thread I Wrote

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
I can’t calculate the correct number for you. Instead you do as described and go for at spin on your bike and fine tune the number in order to align the motor taper-off-effect

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
If you do not know the gear ratio and/or number of magnets, the type 100 Into parameter P1.

(Remember to adjust wheel size and speed limit beforehand)

Then go fo a ride. (And use a gps speed app)
If you motor tapers off at 23 km/h, the raise parameter P1 by 10 to 110, and recheck speed/taper off

If you motor tapers off at 28 km/h then lower parameter P1 by 10 to 90, and recheck speed/taper off

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
If you do not know the gear ratio and/or number of magnets, the type 100 Into parameter P1.

(Remember to adjust wheel size and speed limit beforehand)

Then go fo a ride. (And use a gps speed app)
If you motor tapers off at 23 km/h, the raise parameter P1 by 10 to 110, and recheck speed/taper off

If you motor tapers off at 28 km/h then lower parameter P1 by 10 to 90, and recheck speed/taper off
What GPS speed app would you recommend Duncan?

DuncanDK

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2015
I recommend the freeware smartphone apps, because they don't cost anything. All the apps use your phone's GPS to track/measure the speed.
Mine is called GPSpeedKMH, but I guess any speed app will do just fine.

Andy1865

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2017
I recommend the freeware smartphone apps, because they don't cost anything. All the apps use your phone's GPS to track/measure the speed.
Mine is called GPSpeedKMH, but I guess any speed app will do just fine.
Thanks for the info on the app

nikorasu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 1, 2020
i purchased a cyclotricity 250/1000 watt kit now my problem is my pas has stopped working all of sudden
ive got a new magnet disc and senser but it will not work any ideas
i have kt lcd 1 controller with the p6 parameter

Last edited:

Advertisers