KT-LCD2, KT-LCD3, KT-LCD6, KT-LCD8, KT-LCD10 replacement button assembly mounting bracket

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi All

Do you own a KT-LCD2, KT-LCD3, KT-LCD6, KT-LCD8 or KT-LCD10 display with a broken button assembly mounting bracket?

I have a small number of replacement mounts to give away, all costs covered (UK only). The repair doesn't involve any glue or adhesive and is secured using the existing screw & nut. All I ask in return, is for your feedback on the installation, fitting and efficacy of the replacement mount.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpio

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi All

Do you own a KT-LCD2, KT-LCD3 or KT-LCD6 LCD display with a broken button assembly mounting bracket?

I have a small number of replacement mounts to give away, all costs covered (UK only). The repair doesn't involve any glue or adhesive and is secured using the existing screw & nut. All I ask in return, is for your feedback on the installation, fitting and efficacy of the replacement mount.

Dan
I am interested, but for a different system, but the same problem. Could I see a picture?
regards
Andy

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I am interested, but for a different system, but the same problem. Could I see a picture?
regards
Andy
Sure, here's a couple of photos of the mount:
I don't have a photo of the mount attached to the button assembly, since I do not currently have a broken one to hand. The fitting profile has been tested and mates well with the button assembly.

This mount has been designed specifically for the above displays, so won't work on others unless they use the same button assembly. Which model of display is yours?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Sure, here's a couple of photos of the mount:
View attachment 37718
View attachment 37719
I don't have a photo of the mount attached to the button assembly, since I do not currently have a broken one to hand. The fitting profile has been tested and mates well with the button assembly.

This mount has been designed specifically for the above displays, so won't work on others unless they use the same button assembly. Which model of display is yours?
Great photos and I would certainly like to buy one from you, and pay postage to Germany if possible.
Regards
Andy

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Which model of display do you have?
Its actually the push buttons to control certain features on my bike, on and off being the important ones, and PAS steps.
I have no idea who manufactures it, and as far as I am aware, the model is only sold with the bike I own, but I am not 100% sure about that.....it is separate to the display, on a cable.
I will simply use a high quality glue (2 part for plastic) to attach them to each other....
regards
Andy

WheezyRider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2020
Nicely 3D printed Daniel. I would suggest making the material at the bottom of the clamp a little thicker and put in a recess for a captive nut for the tightening bolt, that way you only need to tighten it from one side and don't need a spanner and screw driver at the same time.

What material are you using, PLA?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Its actually the push buttons to control certain features on my bike, on and off being the important ones, and PAS steps.
I have no idea who manufactures it, and as far as I am aware, the model is only sold with the bike I own, but I am not 100% sure about that.....it is separate to the display, on a cable.
I will simply use a high quality glue (2 part for plastic) to attach them to each other....
regards
Andy
This mount will not work for anything other than the specific button assembly it was designed for.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Nicely 3D printed Daniel. I would suggest making the material at the bottom of the clamp a little thicker and put in a recess for a captive nut for the tightening bolt, that way you only need to tighten it from one side and don't need a spanner and screw driver at the same time.

What material are you using, PLA?
The button assembly itself holds the nut captive, so one is not required on this part.

The part pictured in the above photos is printed with PLA, which has proved sufficient for all clamps I have printed previously. The only time I ever use PETG is when a higher glass temperature is required.

I used to use a fair amount of PETG whenever I needed something a bit tougher, but modern PLA is much improved in this regard, so I rarely bother anymore.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
May I try that out?
Andy
Sorry Andy, It would be absolutely pointless. This part relies on the structure of the existing button assembly and is perfectly aligned with the existing captive nut and screw, which it uses to create the required tension in order to hold it all together.

You'd be better off epoxying a jubilee clip to your button assembly.

Darthpaul

Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2020
Would this fit an LCD8H? My existing bodge of superglueing a zip tie to the button box has finally given up!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Daniel both of my button pads have snapped for LCD2 & LCD3.

The 2 I'm not to bothered about as it is fairly tight still but the 3 is a loose as anything, so wouldn't mind one please.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thankyou Daniel, very kind offer from you.

Gooseman

Pedelecer
May 12, 2020
angus
Hi All

Do you own a KT-LCD2, KT-LCD3, KT-LCD6, KT-LCD8 or KT-LCD10 display with a broken button assembly mounting bracket?

Dan
Hi Dan if you still have any left i would appreciate one for the lcd3 mine is broke on the bend that the bolt goes through.
lcd3 switch.jpg

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi Dan if you still have any left i would appreciate one for the lcd3 mine is broke on the bend that the bolt goes through.
View attachment 37734
Yep. You'll have to remove the remaining portion of the bracket to make room for the replacement though.

Just PM'd you.