kt-lcd3 faulty

degzie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2018
county durham
i have a fault with remote switch, it was ok till one day when i was using the bike.
i could power the display on but the power assist level was not advancing up, i pressed the up button several times then i pressed the on button and it went up through the levels.
then i tried the down button and it would not go down.
i tried a few times powering on and off, removing battery and still the same fault.
so i decided to disconnect it from the bike and disassemble the remote switch and lcd3, i found that the green wire in the remote switch was broken so i stripped back the wires and re-solder to the switch.
now when i try to power it on the lcd does not stay on, if i keep the middle button pressed it stays on but no battery level, battery is fully charged.
any one know where i have gone wrong, i have ordered a new lcd3.

cheers all

Derek

D

Deleted member 4366

The on state is latched by the LCD's microprocessor, so if the LCD doesn't stay on, the microprocessor has a fault or it's getting a second signal from the switch to tell it to de-latch (switch off). I would say that either your switch is faulty and stays on when you press it or the green wire touched something when it was live.

degzie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 8, 2018
county durham
hi thanks for the quick reply, i think that the lcd is kaput i'll just wait for the new one to arrive.
i disconnected the green and yellow wires which are the up and down levels leaving the black and red to the power on button, still the same.
maybe try another switch on the power wires.

Derek

Advertisers