KT-LCD8 Throttle not working

Andywebster2005

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2020
Lightwater, UK
Hi All,

Hope you are all well. This is one of my first forays in getting dirty with ebikes and escooters, so happy to say first and foremost that I'm broadly a complete beginner at all this, so please excuse any obvious errors or omissions that I've made in advance.

I'm currently stripping apart my very first e-scooter and upgrading the controller the battery and using a kunteng 22a controller,

KT-LCD8, a universal throttle (with a bafang thumb throttle also tested...)

For some reason everything seems to work as in in the display is powered up when the battery is connected through to the controller, holding down the down arrow spins the front motor at 6 km per hour. So this tells me that the system can speak to the motor and it works correctly.

However, for some unknown reason the throttle refuses to work. I have tried a universal throttle, I have tried a bafang and thumb controller and I have also used a throttle off of my existing ebike with just the 5 volt, the ground, and the signal wire attached.

The throttle simply does not register and I have turned off the pedal assist sensor as per the p4 setting and made all of the other adjustments as per the screenshots below.

I believe that the system can work on a throttle only but I'm completely stumped as to how to get it working (removing the sensor wire or switching to another wire causes a fault so it does indeed seem that the throttle is at least not causing an error and that the wiring is actually speaking from the controller through to the display or whether I'm missing something completely obvious here.

As you can see by the pictures it's a bit of a crazy and haphazard project but if anyone could be so kind as to help or make any suggestions as to what may be stopping the throttle from working this would be very kindly appreciated thank you

Last edited:

Advertisers