KTM eLycan

baldylox

Pedelecer
May 25, 2012
Hants/Wilts border
I wonder if anyone either has or has any experience of the KTM e Lycan full suspension e bike they would like to share?

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
Latest news from Germany is that the first Lycans are going out in June with Intuvia display and will later (september?) get the Nyon...

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
There are only a couple of people in the UK who will have even seen one, First drop is due with dealers who have pre ordered very soon.

Regards
Col
Now you are just teasing me. ;) Spill the beans, who has pre ordered? :)

I still think that this is going to be the hottest/most desirable e-mtb released this year, and when it comes to the spec and RRP, there isn't a bike that is close to it.

I'm dribbling already!

I also need to arrange to hijack the carrier.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
B-b-b-ut Eddie, it's a b-b-b-oring B-b-b-osch.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
B-b-b-ut Eddie, it's a b-b-b-oring B-b-b-osch.

Sad isn't it. :D

This is one bike that I'm really desperate to get a ride of. :)

I'd did confess elsewhere that the motor suddenly made sense to me off road. I just hate the noise.

I also started my time comparisons today (I should have been working) Over a set distance of 1 mile on a hill that varies from 9 degree to 13 degree, the BH is exactly 1 minute quicker, and that is with the BH in Eco mode, and the Bosch in Sport mode. It's also a lot less work on the BH.

martin@onbike

Official Trade Member
Now you are just teasing me. ;) Spill the beans, who has pre ordered? :)

I still think that this is going to be the hottest/most desirable e-mtb released this year, and when it comes to the spec and RRP, there isn't a bike that is close to it.

I'm dribbling already!

I also need to arrange to hijack the carrier.

We've had one on pre-order for some time now at Onbike...Hope it comes soon as i'm gagging to have a go as well Eddie.

Reactions: EddiePJ

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Sad isn't it. :D

This is one bike that I'm really desperate to get a ride of. :)

I'd did confess elsewhere that the motor suddenly made sense to me off road. I just hate the noise.

I also started my time comparisons today (I should have been working) Over a set distance of 1 mile on a hill that varies from 9 degree to 13 degree, the BH is exactly 1 minute quicker, and that is with the BH in Eco mode, and the Bosch in Sport mode. It's also a lot less work on the BH.
Perhaps the new motor is a bit quieter, I think I read somewhere it is supposed to be.

The extra torque and slightly different riding characteristics could be suited to mountain biking.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
can't see the motor

its a hub drive... the same as this one on the eCross P

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/media/ktm-ecross-p.144/

the hub is pretty small, because the system has been designed to keep the wheel weight as low as possible. Lots of the technology other brands put in the hub, we've put in the compartment below the battery. This keeps the weight central on the bike which improve handling massively.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
is it the same Panasonic motor as in this video?

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
From the German forum; email from KTM to bike shop:
Production KTM Macina eLycan GPS+ was first planned end of May/beginning of June.
Due to problems with frame production, production will effectively start on July 16.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
lots of the technology other brands put in the hub, we've put in the compartment below the battery. This keeps the weight central on the bike which improve handling massively.
Just out of interest - what's in, for instance, an ezee hub motor that can be & has been, transferred in this bike?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Lots of the technology other brands put in the hub, we've put in the compartment below the battery. This keeps the weight central on the bike which improve handling massively.

Just out of interest - what's in, for instance, an ezee hub motor that can be & has been, transferred in this bike?
Good question, I remember wondering about what Col said, also isn't it Panasonic that do that, and not unique to KTM as implied?

triumph_st

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2014
Leuven, Belgium
And in Germany the first Lycan GPS+ bikes are delivered to customers (without Nyon)