KTM ventura street 10

Govind

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 16, 2018
Hello
I am new to e bikes and would appreciate inputs. I am looking to buy an e bike thru cycle to work scheme for office commute. So 15 miles per day. Was looking at bikes that can give more then 50 miles mileage on a single charge and narrowed down to crossfuse, pinnacle.

But visiting the cycle republic saw a ktm ventura street 10 2017 model that was offered for 1330 pounds.

I liked the bike but haven't heard much abt it in UK any inputs would be really appreciated. The specs match pinnacle very much.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
That bike is showing at £2,349.99 on cycle republic for me.

Have you looked at Woosh? Even their most basic Karoo would be up to the job. If you do go for the Crossfuse it may be worth joining CycleUK and getting a 10% discount at Halfords.

You don't mention about hills, and how sophisticated a bike you want.

Govind

Sep 16, 2018
Adding some more specs of the bike to help get some advise.

It claims to assist 80 miles.
14ah 500w battery shimano 2 year warranty
Drive Shimano steps 36v 250w. Think it's e6000
Shimano LCD display, walk assit
Suspension with lockout
10 spped gear and m365 hydraulic disc brake.

Can't find much information online. So wud really appreciate if this group can advise.

Govind

Sep 16, 2018
That bike is showing at £2,349.99 on cycle republic for me.

Have you looked at Woosh? Even their most basic Karoo would be up to the job. If you do go for the Crossfuse it may be worth joining CycleUK and getting a 10% discount at Halfords.

You don't mention about hills, and how sophisticated a bike you want.
Thanks for checking. Yeah it's being discounted to 1600 pounds as it's a 2017 model and the cycle republic branch here has opened recently like 3 weeks. So they are offering a further 20% discount cos evans next door is doing it. So it's working to 1280.

I live in newcastle so the commute will not be hilly, mostly flat roads. Looking primarily for office commute 5 days week so averaging 75 miles. Shud be reliable.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I was checking to see if it might be right for me, as I hadn't heard of it. I don't know anything about that brand but the components all look good.
It looks a brilliant bike at that price. I'd jump at it if I still lived in Durham and commuted to Peterlee, but a bit too far from Winchester.

Govind

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks that reallu helps. The dealer told that ktm are very prominent in e bikes in Europe and Austria. Have asked to reserve it!! Looking forward for the purchase.

• Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
KTM is a well respected brand and the motor is well regarded. Great price with a full warranty. FLI Distribution are the UK importers and Colin has been a regular contributor to this forum.

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
KTM is a well respected brand and the motor is well regarded. Great price with a full warranty. FLI Distribution are the UK importers and Colin has been a regular contributor to this forum.
I had a KTM Macina Cross10 and foolishly changed it for a Cube.. I have to say, IMHO, the KTM seemed to be of a higher quality than the Cube.... I loved the way all the cables were routed through the frame and not cable tied into a groove.

Govind

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks for the inputs. That really helps.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I was checking to see if it might be right for me, as I hadn't heard of it. I don't know anything about that brand .
KTM have been making motorbikes for a long time and are well known for that
They have also been making push bikes since the late 60s so are well established
I’ve had 3 of them and are well made bikes that will serve you well
I have moved to Scott with my pedelec thou because I was finding there top tube length a little short for the given frame size but that’s totally a personal sizing issue not a reflection on there bikes
I still have an anologue bike which is still Ktm a (fat rat) hence my user name :)

Govind

Sep 16, 2018
KTM have been making motorbikes for a long time and are well known for that
They have also been making push bikes since the late 60s so are well established
I’ve had 3 of them and are well made bikes that will serve you well
I have moved to Scott with my pedelec thou because I was finding there top tube length a little short for the given frame size but that’s totally a personal sizing issue not a reflection on there bikes
I still have an anologue bike which is still Ktm a (fat rat) hence my user name :)
Thanks everyone. I got my cycle 2 work certificate today so all set to collect the bike this week. The inputs provided have been really helpful.

Reactions: Fat Rat

BigG

Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2016
Co Durham
Thanks everyone. I got my cycle 2 work certificate today so all set to collect the bike this week. The inputs provided have been really helpful.
If you enjoy your KTM half as much as I did you’ll have a huge smile on your face 24/7 !!
FatRat mentioned about KTM and motorbikes... I remember their Trials Bikes and if they make bikes to survive Trialling they make them very robust to say the least.