Ku65 cruise control wire

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
I have this controller for more than a year but I never understand how this wire works.

I always leave it disconnected.

I guess if I twist the throttle for more than 5 seconds, the motor would not stop until I cut the power.

Any I correct?:confused:

Thanks
Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

Correct, except that it disengages when you blip the throttle or operate the brakes (with cut-offs). Don't waste your time with it. It's virtually impossible to get any cruise speed other than full throttle. Then it locks on to full-throttle when you don't want it. Whatever you do, don't try it without properly functioning brake cut-offs.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Thanks Dave.

I am tempted to convert my bike 26inch into 2WD. The front is SWXB Fast wind 340rpm and rear is SWXH slow wind 201rpm

The idea is the front motor is a speed booster. Once the rear motor spin at 16mph, I can throttle the front motor to increase the speed (maybe 20mph). Hopefully I need to worry about one throttle at the end.

Do you know If this setup would work?

Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes it should be OK. Saneagle has done that on his wife's bike, but the other way round. It has a 19mph SWX-type front motor and a 328 rpm Q100 on the rear. She doesn't go fast, but uses the extra motor for the steep climbs back from the shops with shopping. There's two independent throttles and controllers on that one sharing a 12aH Headway battery that can give 60 amps. You need to make sure that your battery can give 30 amps continuous, because the high-speed motor will draw the maximum 15 amps all the time it's on. A good way to do it if you're short of handlebar space is to put your pedal sensor on the back low-speed motor and the throttle on the front one.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Sorry but i have to disagree with Dave.
The cruise control does work, (i use mine all the time). You are not suppose to leave the blue wires connected. If you connect them to a momo switch eg a switch that only makes contact when held, it enables the cruise function. Hold throttle where you need it, dab the switch (momentarily) cruise is enabled.
Disengage cruise by either twisting throttle, braking, holding the switch (momentarily......hence it's name).
One of the blue wires is actually ground(0V). Which might make wiring easier if you are using a 3 speed switch as well.
I would agree to fit ebrakes if you are going to use cruise.
Hope this helps

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
On my ku63 I have 2 blues wires and when connected, I found controlled a push button, on the 810 controller which when pressed took the bike to walking speed, is this the same blue wires.As i havent fitted throttle I havent tested any other combination. Thanks

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
If you have the controller with the handlebar display, then you may well be correct.The blue wires are probably enabling the 6 km walking speed. I dont know, i havent tried it. I will tonight ,i have that setup on my other bike.

D

Deleted member 4366

You are not suppose to leave the blue wires connected. If you connect them to a momo switch eg a switch that only makes contact when held, it enables the cruise function. Hold throttle where you need it, dab the switch (momentarily) cruise is enabled.
Disengage cruise by either twisting throttle, braking, holding the switch (momentarily......hence it's name).
Is that a KU63?

On my ku63 I have 2 blues wires and when connected, I found controlled a push button, on the 810 controller which when pressed took the bike to walking speed, is this the same blue wires.As i havent fitted throttle I havent tested any other combination. Thanks
Yhe KU63 doesn't have a display. If you have a 810, then yours must be a different controller - maybe KU65.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
KU93 and KU123 Dave
I must admit, i have not tried it with a KU63, but it is listed as a function so i presume it would work the same. I have a KU95 with a display. Missing, is the 3 speed switch wiring as it uses the 3 modes for pedelec (as you already know) i have never tried the blue wires for cruise as i am using a pedelec sensor. But, if (as Zebb describes KU63/95?) the blue wires switch in the 6km speed, that will be handy for me towing my grandsons little car at a very low speed :0)

Zebb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2012
My Mistake, I apologise. Thanks for reply and sorry for high-jacking thread.

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Zebb, your controller must be different...do you have a link to it?

Mine is a KU65 with a display. I have just tried the two blue wires and i can confirm the KU65 controller has cruise control just like my KU93 and KU123. There is no 6km speed by joining wires. The only way is by holding the 6km button on the display.

Cruise control ku controllers - YouTube

Does the KU63 cruise control work in the same way?
i'd put money on it.

Advertisers