Kudos Arriba 25MPH ;-)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
According to my sat nav my ebike is doing 16mph, with occasionally 17mph showing up. This is on the flat just using the throttle.
I only have a throttle fitted, no pedel sensor, don't want one. Neither do I have brake cut outs...... illegal ??.... Who cares.... and if those god damn pen pushers up at city hall don't like it, they can kiss my god damn ass.
Laws don't concern us maverick ebikers.
Yamdude,forgetting the legal bit....no brake cutouts must be real pain....coming up to the T junction fast downhill and the motor is trying to push you on and you are throwing an anchor out the back to stop!!!!!!
Kudos Dave

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Yamdude,forgetting the legal bit....no brake cutouts must be real pain....coming up to the T junction fast downhill and the motor is trying to push you on and you are throwing an anchor out the back to stop!!!!!!
Kudos Dave
With only a throttle and no pas, I don't feel I need brake cut out switches. I let go of the throttle to brake and obviously the motor is cut before I brake.
I think the bike is safer this way and I like the simplicity of it, thus I have no intention of fitting the PAS.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
With only a throttle and no pas, I don't feel I need brake cut out switches. I let go of the throttle to brake and obviously the motor is cut before I brake.
I think the bike is safer this way and I like the simplicity of it, thus I have no intention of fitting the PAS.
Agree if no power assist cant see the need for a brake cut out switch. After all motorbikes have managed without them for over 100 years :)

sent by pigeon post

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Forgot to add..... before I bought this kit & fitted it, I rode about 4 ebikes from an ebike shop in Taunton. They all only has PAS and none of them had throttles.
Now I've fitted this kit to my own bike, I much prefer throttle control over PAS. In a lot of circumstances when riding I don't want any assist, and with a PAS I would constantly be faffing with the display turning it on or off or setting different levels.
Just having a throttle is so much simpler and more controllable.

D

Deleted member 4366

Don't forget that it's easy to break a throttle, and when they beak, they stay on.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
This is my experience exactly though I've fitted a kill switch in case the throttle fails in the open position.
Simple small switch from Maplins using the brake connections and fettled to fit to the right of the stem.1-DSCF1360.jpg
Everyone to their own, most folk seem to prefer the PAS.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
One more thing as well...... my thumb throttle is on the left and right next to it is the LED display unit. I only have to press the on/off button, or the 'switch' button, and the motor cuts.
So this in effect is a kill switch.

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
One more thing as well...... my thumb throttle is on the left and right next to it is the LED display unit. I only have to press the on/off button, or the 'switch' button, and the motor cuts.
So this in effect is a kill switch.
Sounds perfect:)

Advertisers