Kudos is clearing out our old test bikes on e-bay

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Over the next few weeks KudosCycles will be clearing out our old test bikes,these were bikes that were bought to compare with our final choice. In most cases the quality was good and in some cases,very good,they were often rejected because of slow delivery from the supplier or inability to meet our specification.
The bikes will be sold,starting with the cheapest bikes first,current batch starting bids £99.00.
Dave
KudosCycles

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Over the next few weeks KudosCycles will be clearing out our old test bikes,these were bikes that were bought to compare with our final choice. In most cases the quality was good and in some cases,very good,they were often rejected because of slow delivery from the supplier or inability to meet our specification.
The bikes will be sold,starting with the cheapest bikes first,current batch starting bids £99.00.
Dave
KudosCycles
Dave Hi.

When do your listings start?
Thank you.
Regards
Vectra

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
I quite like the blue one with the commitee designed handlebars.

Frame looks the same as my Eagle, dont recognise the motor though. I'm tempted to bid, but it would be pure indulgence!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Batch three of our clearance bikes has now started on ebay, another bike, no reserve auction style. Another two bikes will be listed on Tuesday so keep an eye on our FB and Ebay pages:-

Electric Bike Ebike | eBay

Our first and second batches were very well watched and had many bidders, we are pleased to offer more bikes again without reserve.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Seems a bit odd to me Dave that you are not open on Saturdays. Probably the busiest retail day of the week, and helpful for those poor blighter who have to work?lol

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Seems a bit odd to me Dave that you are not open on Saturdays. Probably the busiest retail day of the week, and helpful for those poor blighter who have to work?lol
Eddie,most of our business is mail order and we have a 'work and finish' attitude to work-if business is strong we work Monday to Friday getting all work out on the day its ordered,if possible. I am old fashioned that Saturday and Sunday are leisure and family time and aside from attendance at shows my staff are entitled to those days off. We are very successfull on both our race car and cycle business so there is no pressure to extend the working week to weekends,some of the Rally Design and Kudos dealers are open 24-7,so there is always access to our product via our dealers.
Dave
Kudoscycles

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
We have another two bikes available on Ebay, please see the links below:-

Folding Electric Bike Ebike | eBay

Electric Bike Ebike | eBay
Several members have PM'd me about the Konson bike so it seems only fair to make my views on this bike for general information. This bike is genuinely a high quality bike and would have retailed at about £1100.00 if we had decided to proceed with import,the only reason we did not use this supplier was their delivery was very slow. The quality of the lights,brakes,saddle and general fittings is to the higher end of the chinese supply,note the tinted perspex wheel guards. The bike uses the Shimano Nexus 8-speed hub,which has become the norm on all our urban bikes.
There is no reserve so if it goes anywhere near the start price of £399.00 it will be a good deal for someone. This and the Secret prototype are the last of our test bikes for disposal.
Hope that helps
Dave
Kudoscycles

12xu22

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2011
Hey, Dave, I've just bought the Secret on ebay for £460, I liked the look of this bike as soon as I saw your original pics a few months ago, can't wait to check it out .... will pay for it asap! Apologies to whoever else was bidding on this, it was a last minute swoop.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hey, Dave, I've just bought the Secret on ebay for £460, I liked the look of this bike as soon as I saw your original pics a few months ago, can't wait to check it out .... will pay for it asap! Apologies to whoever else was bidding on this, it was a last minute swoop.
12xu22,looks like you picked in up in the last few seconds,that's the thrill of e-bay I suppose. The Secret is proving our top selling folding Kudos e-bike.
Well done
Dave

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
You can sell them at 0.99£ as starting price to lower the fees. I'm quite sure a full working bike won't sell below £200 on eBay. And if you're able to provide support/warranty, I think the ending price even become higher.

See mine, I started at 0.99£:
folding e-bike electric bike dual suspension disc brake 26 inches | eBay

The guy paid me cash in hand, I didn't pay anything to ebay.

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Yep. If you start something too high it really puts people off. Start at 99p and you get all the bottom feeders hoping it will stay low - but you also get some of them who will stick with it and continue to drive the bids up, so it's a win-win situation.
If you chicken out and pull it because it looks like it's not going to go as high as you want (assuming the expected price is sane) all that does is p iss people off and they point and laugh at you in the street for being a chicken-livered ebay seller.
Hold your nerve and the snipers will bump up the price in the last minutes - sniping has become very common on ebay now and it's responsible for many items getting good prices at the last gasp.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
It's a shame that this German spec Eco project never continued,it was good fun building such a high spec Kudos Eco bike,but the strength of the £ v Euro made the pricing uncompetitive. The bike will remain a one-off but it utilised parts from other Kudos bikes,so spares are not a problem.
I noticed that the bidding has now exceeded the reserve price,should be a high quality cheap bike for someone.
Good luck.
Dave
Kudoscycles