Kwikfold Xite 3

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
First impression. It oozes quality and looks stunning in a matt black / satin finish.
Putting it together takes a few minutes and is as easy as falling off a log. It’s a beefy little thing. It’s quite heavy to lift at around 20kg. I don’t mind that. If this was a dog it would be a Staffy. A little thing with a lot of muscle.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
A teeny weeny negative so far. I slide the battery home and lock it. Easy. The problem is getting it out again. I unlock and pull and pull and pull and curse. It won’t budge. So i grab each end and wiggle and out it comes. Quite easy this way. So not a big problem really. Maybe it will loosen up a bit after a while.
To be cotinued......

It’s quite a comfy bike. It has no suspension and no sprung seat but it does have chunky Kenda tyres whuch seem to absorb. I have tried it on a short steep hill ouside my home and it flew up. Next trial will be on my countryside ride which has some uneven road surfaces and a load of killer hills. Big Bear country. That is, i also have a Woosh Big Bear which is well suited to this sort of terrain. How will my Xite 3 handle it.......

Last edited:

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
23DC654A-70EA-4F80-B470-5A707C2554B3.jpeg AB1CB796-362A-4233-8BD0-62FD53A4653B.jpeg 31B38B2C-47DD-4DBD-87C4-3A9AFA75B08F.jpeg A countryside ride to the top of the hills. The Xite 3 rode very well. The steepest hills were no problem.
There is no suspension or sprung seat on this bike. It rides very well on normal roads. The chunky Kenda tyres absorb the bumps. I do a lot of countryside riding so i have fitted a Suntour NCX seatpost. It works and looks great on this little bike.
Now the main reason i bought the Xite 3. Should i be out and about in the countryside, miles from anywhere and find myself unable to cycle home. I call for family, friend or cab to pick me up. Fold, remove battery, pull out seatpost and if absolutely necessary, loosen two screws and pull out the complete handlebar stem post.
Other reasons for choosing this bike.
Rear motor.
Disc brakes front and rear.
Rainproof.
7 speed with easy gear changer that i’ve not seen before.
Easy to pedal on the level with no assist so loads of miles per charge.
Style and matt satin black finish.
Big Kenda tyres.

Last edited:

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
BD8A5DBA-6C1E-4771-B5E6-6BA79B284BE1.jpeg 232FAA26-174F-4E56-8384-A850B4C8B0CD.jpeg 6BBAA9EF-C869-4B1C-8A00-7A680D2BA776.jpeg I would like to fit a throttle. The available Xite 3 throttle is a thumb type. I prefer twist type. I have found this SLIM twist with what appears to be the correct plug. This throttle is slim and fits bikes with under handlebar gear changer which Xite 3 has got. Any problems here before i order?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need to compare very carefully the yellow part of the plug. If it's not identical, it won't fit.

• Informative
Reactions: Marwood Hill

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the connectors are the same, pins outs should match.
Julet to Higo will fit as they are compatible but pins outs are different so won't work unless wiring is changed.

• Informative

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
8B6CB2F9-EDF4-40F1-AFCD-E2E9FCFDC54C.jpeg 0BB1EDC3-6BA6-437A-93D0-7BD25FD425CD.jpeg Photo shows female plug on my Xite 3. Description twist throttle states for Bafang motors which i have. Seller says buy it and try. If it doesn’t work, return it. It’ll i only cost £3 for postage. Good of him to suggest this.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

can you see the depthh of the ridge on the yellow part of the plug? it looks like 2mm - it has to match the groove in the socket to form an airtight join. If the depth is wider than the groove, it won't fit.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bafang use Julet usually, you should see higo or julet embossed on the Xite connector. If it says julet then you should be good to go, as the pin outs should be standard for the branded connectors.

• Informative

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I have only ever seen Higo connectors on Bafang mid drives, but maybe they use both. I think there's a very good chance that throttle will work on your bike. £40 for a £5 part would def. make me look elsewhere.:eek:

• Agree

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
I have only ever seen Higo connectors on Bafang mid drives, but maybe they use both. I think there's a very good chance that throttle will work on your bike. £40 for a £5 part would def. make me look elsewhere.:eek:
My Woosh Big Bear has got Julet plugs. The male end on my BB throttle fits the Xite female. But the BB throttle does not work on the Xite.
I agree with the £40 price for a £5 part. Too expensive!

Marwood Hill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 28, 2016
North Devon
B813C9E8-BFB2-4E8A-B339-3C106ADE20A8.jpeg A simple little tip. To be able to easily lift this 20kg bike high enough to load it into a vehicle. Slide out battery and seatpost and lift at arrowed points.
I really like these Xite-3 folding handlebars. It would be even better if the handlebar stem post was also hinged. With the seatpost removed and handlebar post hinged down this would be a super compact bike. The post can easily be pulled out by loosening two screws but out on the road it would be a bit of a hassle carrying an allen key and lining it up each time. Just a personal thought of mine really.