Lanhydrock (Nat. Trust) new bike hub opens Saturday 15th. feb.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Just a diary note for anyone in Cornwall over the weekend:

The new Cycle Hub at Lanhydrock House has its grand opening at 10.00 this Saturday, 15th feb.

10k of cycle trail, probably mostly flat, but not sure, as they won't let anyone on the track yet.

Aimed at beginners & families, with bike hire & cafe; There was mention of a Blue trail back along, but there's Cardinham Woods a couple of miles away, which has Blue & Red, also with a cafe.

I'll be shooting the breeze with the managers about ebikes asap.

Follow-up post to follow :rolleyes: ... on Monday.

Last edited:

oldman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 16, 2013
Glyn Ceiriog N Wales
Just a diary note for anyone in Cornwall over the weekend:

The new Cycle Hub at Lanhydrock House has its grand opening at 10.00 this Saturday, 15th feb.

10k of cycle trail, probably mostly flat, but not sure, as they won't let anyone on the track yet.

Aimed at beginners & families, with bike hire & cafe; There was mention of a Blue trail back along, but there's Cardinham Woods a couple of miles away, which has Blue & Red, also with a cafe.

I'll be shooting the breeze with the managers about ebikes asap.

Follow-up post to follow :rolleyes: ... on Monday.
Not sure about e-bikes at trail centres; the able-bodied tear-ar$e riders can intimidate families and beginners

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Sounds good, not a million miles from the camel trail route either which I'm planning to ride sometime eventually.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Not sure about e-bikes at trail centres; the able-bodied tear-ar$e riders can intimidate families and beginners
Absolutely not a problem at Lanhydrock, Oldman: The ethos is to encourage newbies, kids & families.
The green route is fine for trail buggies, but interesting at the same time & the blues, all 3 of 'em, are of varying degrees of difficulty, with a decent descent to boot ;o) There's a fairly short but tricksy red & all the trails are all-weather hardpack & very nicely banked on the switchbacks. There's a skills development section which, unfortunately has had to be closed aleady as it has succumbed to over-use & the torrential weather we've had recently: Hopefully, it'll be back in use soon.

For those wanting something more knarly, Cardinham Woods, which is nationally recognised, is less than 2 miles away.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Sounds good, not a million miles from the camel trail route either which I'm planning to ride sometime eventually.
Probably see you there :p
I'm to be found a couple of days most weeks, bumbling along somewhere on either the Padstein, Wadebridge or Bodmin sections, as I use it for visiting Lidl or the pub.

oldman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 16, 2013
Glyn Ceiriog N Wales
Absolutely not a problem at Lanhydrock, Oldman: The ethos is to encourage newbies, kids & families.
The green route is fine for trail buggies, but interesting at the same time & the blues, all 3 of 'em, are of varying degrees of difficulty, with a decent descent to boot ;o) There's a fairly short but tricksy red & all the trails are all-weather hardpack & very nicely banked on the switchbacks. There's a skills development section which, unfortunately has had to be closed aleady as it has succumbed to over-use & the torrential weather we've had recently: Hopefully, it'll be back in use soon.

For those wanting something more knarly, Cardinham Woods, which is nationally recognised, is less than 2 miles away.
I wasn't querying the suitability for e-bikes; but should they be in trail centres at all. Discuss !!!

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Probably see you there :p
I'm to be found a couple of days most weeks, bumbling along somewhere on either the Padstein, Wadebridge or Bodmin sections, as I use it for visiting Lidl or the pub.
I'm sure I will put a topic up about it when it's nearer the time. Trying to fit all the other planned trips in first atm lol

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I wasn't querying the suitability for e-bikes; but should they be in trail centres at all. Discuss !!!
If ebikes are disallowed, I can't ride with my grandchildren.

Why on earth should they not be there?
Mind you, mine's eminently suitable for trail riding - You wouldn't ride a roadster there, 'lectric or not.
As I said, the young bloods seemed to find my bike interesting.