LCD DISPLAY 866 + Brainpower Controller no performance / Failure E07

Michi

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Hello,
my bike has a 36V motor whithout hallsensors. I have a 5 magnet PAs sensor.
I got the electric motor running. All functions are ok, but the whole thing only runs in test mode when the wheels are free (without load). In driving mode the motor does not work. Immediately after switching on the control unit, the display shows the message E07 for motor failure. The engine runs but has no power. The motor has no Hall sensors. Is it possible that the control only works with motors with Hall sensors? What do I have to change when operating without Hall sensors? How do I get rid of the E07 message?
Thanks for your answers
Michi

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Has your controller got the self-learning wires, sometimes called itelligent idrntification or something like that? They're normally two single green wires.
If so, did you do the self-learning procedure.

Michi

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Yes, i tried this several times. The result is that the wheel is turning backwards or forwards. The error is still E07.

Michi

Just Joined
Nov 15, 2020
No, the green wires are disconnected. There is no 9-pin connector near the motor. It is a front motor whithout hall sensors. It has only the 3 phase power connector. It is a Promovec Motor 50080- 2
from a Bergamont Vagonda N8 Wave Pedelec from 2011.

Ian444

Just Joined
Sep 28, 2022
According to the review at the bottom of the 1st page here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002264800374.html
the controller can run without hall sensors in the motor. If your controller is identical to the one being sold there, there may be hope, but I can't see how you would get rid of the error message (from the displayed instructions). Or maybe the reviewer was reviewing a different model. I ordered one of these and waiting for it.

manman94

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2023
Netherlands
Just quick question think I ordered the wrong controller,you see it's a brainpower 36/48v 250w 13a controller problem is it has no LCD connection, anyway to fix it please anyone

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Also there is a orange and yellow connection that's in a loop any idea what that's for
Orange and yellow is the on-switch. With it bridged, the controller will be switched on all the time a live battery is connected to the main red and black wires. If you don't want that, you put a switch on that connector instead of the bridge. The current on those wires is very low (about 100mA) so you can use any switch.

There is no way to connect an LCD to that controller. You hid the important wires in your photo, so I can't help beyond that.

Advertisers