LCD display fading

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Hi with all the atroutous weather of late I started my e bike this morning and noticed the display went from clear to intermittent lines as in photos any advice please to get moisture out of the unit also do I need to replace think I have a lcd 2 or 3 not sure or if happy with running it just carry on.

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 25121

Hi with all the atroutous weather of late I started my e bike this morning and noticed the display went from clear to intermittent lines as in photos any advice please to get moisture out of the unit also do I need to replace think I have a lcd 2 or 3 not sure or if happy with running it just carry on.

Thanks in advance
Did you forget to attach some photos?

Reactions: dr bob

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
They are easy to open, the screws are under potting compound, you have to gouge that out first.

Look inside, dry it out, try it and if it fails bin it and replace.

• Agree
Reactions: ebiker99
D

Deleted member 25121

As anotherkiwi says, open it up and let it dry out for a day or more in a warm place, for example an airing cupboard. If the damp is inside the LCD display it can take this time to evaporate.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
This is my current display
Going out on a limb here but I think those ones with the buttons in the box may be less water resistant than the LCD-3 with separate buttons. Mine have taken a shower many a time with no apparent water ingress.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LCD2 or 3 with separate toggle buttons are better waterproofed, my LCD2 is used in all weathers and doesn't suffer.

Your one is the LCD 5 has similar setting adjustments as the 3 model but has integrated buttons.

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Thank you to everyone for your help and input have now hopefully resolved it by now from previous advice given.

D

Deleted member 25121

Thank you to everyone for your help and input have now hopefully resolved it by now from previous advice given.
That's good news and thanks for the feedback, how did you resolve the problem exactly?

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Yes we'll took the unit stripped down let the open unit take intense sunshine and heat by that then after 4 hours reassemble using clear silicone sealant and screwed it firmly then placed sealant in all gaps ie wiring inlet and screw mountings

Reactions: D C and ebiker99