LCD S866 - not working - error E10?

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
Hello!
I just bought from amazon this lcd and it comes with controller KSLU37.

I connected everything and it works, but no speedometer and the main problem is that it gives error E10 and all the lcd is useless because of it....

What is the reason?
I just tried to only provide power and nothing more connected, but the same ****...
I just ordered one more(again from amazon, but different seller) and i got same LCD, but with different controller... which even dont have plug for the LCD, which is very strange.. but i tried the lcd with the other controller and i still have the same problem

Any ideas what i can do or tips which LCD and controller to get for 36V 250W and 1-3 days delivery to London?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need to post a link to the item's you have purchased so we can see the actual item.
If the speedo is not working them it may be a parameter setting if settings allow a change or it could be a wheel speed sensor error. A lot of hubs have internal wheel speed sensor otherwise if not you have to fit an external one with spoke magnet.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
This is the item: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GH2XX6R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I receved it with KSLU37 controller, but on the photo of amazon its with KSLS58.

The cable colors on the screen controller are same... anyway i tried to mix them, but without making it to work. Somebody have some suggestions?
I can suggest you NOT to mix those wires. My display broke and it was suggested that I short the wires to get the controller to power on. Unfortunately I got the combination wrong and the wire started smoking violently... Don't do it lol.

Anyways, if you hold the up and down buttons for a few secs you should get some P1, P2 etc settings. It's possible that the last of these, think it's p20 or something is set wrong, this is responsible for the communication method with the controller. I believe the default setting is 0, but try them all if this doesn't work. Also make sure everything else is connected securely. There are some other settings that could affect functionality, manual in the description here

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32950060037.html?src=google&albslr=230081827&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&gclsrc=aw.ds&&albagn=888888&albcp=1706973087&albag=65008162765&trgt=296904914040&crea=en32950060037&netw=u&device=m&gclid=CjwKCAjwm-fkBRBBEiwA966fZE9PX1DYfKAY2SnAMYfY1PCvsf8JFMGMSq7Y3r-VgA923n-TQyEEZxoCRIwQAvD_BwE

Lastly it is also totally possible they sent the wrong controller altogether so if all else fails ask the seller

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Just looked up the error codes and it states "signal recieving error" so the p20 setting is looking even more likely. If that doesn't fix it send it back. As for the one that sent one without LCD input, why aren't you kicking off? They've clearly dropped the ball! I've used these "brainpower" controllers for a while and they are pretty decent for the money but can take some fettling to show the correct information.

Reactions: bilal51

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Can you tell us why you're buying new controllers? Is there some background to it?
Which motor do you have? Is it with or without hall sensors? If with hall sensors, did you test them?

BobR

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
I bought a S866 controller and a brainpower controller from Ebay some time ago. Just got round to fitting it and get similar results. The throttle and pas both work but pas only on full power. The LCD shows error 10, which is communication error. Tried changing the settings for p20. No communication between controller and LCD. After rechecking all connectors and settings. I Suspect they are not compatible and it's too late to return it.
Can anyone point me to somewhere where I can purchase a controller and LCD that will work please?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I bought a S866 controller and a brainpower controller from Ebay some time ago. Just got round to fitting it and get similar results. The throttle and pas both work but pas only on full power. The LCD shows error 10, which is communication error. Tried changing the settings for p20. No communication between controller and LCD. After rechecking all connectors and settings. I Suspect they are not compatible and it's too late to return it.
Can anyone point me to somewhere where I can purchase a controller and LCD that will work please?
Not sure what's going on, I've had two of these and they worked ok. Buy a KT controller + LCD from pswpower on AliExpress, these work great

BobR

Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
Not sure what's going on, I've had two of these and they worked ok. Buy a KT controller + LCD from pswpower on AliExpress, these work great
Thanks for that, will look for a link. Have spent too much time - tried all solutions offered but error still exists.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Thanks for that, will look for a link. Have spent too much time - tried all solutions offered but error still exists.
Get your money back, mine were decent, the display broke on my first one. KT are way superior in battery life and functionality though, difference is night and day.

BobR

Aug 18, 2016
Staffordshire
Get your money back, mine were decent, the display broke on my first one. KT are way superior in battery life and functionality though, difference is night and day.
Thanks for your input, I have tried again today and still get the same results, with just the display connected to the controller it still shows error 10 (communication error). Changing p20 setting changes the error to e30, which is not even in the manual. I think I will have to source a replacement LCD and matched controller. Can anyone else throw any light on this error?

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I just bought an S866 LCD paired with a BrainPower 36/48v 350 Watt controller and had both the E10 and E30 errors and after 4 hours of diagnosing what was wrong i found 2 issues.

E30 seemed to be a connector that wasnt making a good connection
E10 seemed to be a setting in the LCD - namely this one that controls the communication protocol, i put P20 to 0 and it seemed to work
P20:0: Protocol No. 2 1: 5S Protocol 2: Alternate 3: Alternate

Had a few other errors but but they were all gone after connecting up the brakes and hall sensors and the motor phase leads, then setting the motor to spin right direction on the inteligent detection green wire

Below are the list of all the P codes and fault codes from the manual.

4.Setting
P01: backlight brightness, level 1 is the darkest, level 3 is the brightest;
P02: mileage unit, 0: KM; 1: MILE;
P03: Voltage level: 24V, 36V, 48V, 60V, 64V Default 36V;
P04: Sleep time: 0, no sleep; other numbers are sleep time, range: 1-60; unit minutes;
P05: Power assist position: 0, 3 file mode: 1, 5 file mode:
P06: Wheel diameter: unit, inch; accuracy: 0.1; This parameter is related to the display speed of the meter and needs to be entered correctly.
P07: Number of speed magnets: Range: 1-100; This parameter is related to the display speed of the meter and needs to be entered correctly. If it is a normal hub motor, directly input the number of magnetic steel; If it is a high speed motor, it is also necessary to calculate the reduction ratio, input data = number of magnets × reduction ratio; For example: motor magnet steel number 20, reduction ratio 4.3: input data: 86=20×4.3
P08: Speed limit: the range is 0-100km/h, 100 means unlimited speed. The input data here indicates the maximum running speed of the vehicle: for example, input 25, indicating that the maximum running speed of the vehicle does not exceed 25km/h; the driving speed is maintained at the set value. Error: ±1km/h; (both assist and speed limit) Note: The value here is based on kilometers. When the unit setting is converted from kilometer to mile, the speed value of the display interface will be automatically converted to the correct mileage value, but the speed limit value data set at this menu under the mile interface. No conversion, inconsistent with the actual display mile speed limit value;

Note: The P09-P15 menu is only valid in the communication state.
P09: zero start, non-zero start setting, 0: zero start; 1: non-zero start;
P10: Drive mode setting 0 : Power drive (the booster position determines how much power is output, and the switch is invalid). 5 1 : Electric drive (driven by the rotary handle, the power assist position is invalid at this time). 2 : Power assist drive and electric drive coexist simultaneously
P11: Boost sensitivity setting Range: 1-24;
P12: Boost start strength setting Range: 0-5;
P13: Power magnetic steel disc type setting 5,8,12 magnetic steel three types
P14: Controller current limit value setting Default 12A Range: 1-20A
P15: Controller undervoltage value
P16: ODO clear setting Long press the up button for 5 seconds ODO clear
P17:0: cruise is not enabled, 1: cruise is enabled; auto cruise is optional (only valid for protocol 2)
P18: Display speed ratio adjustment range: 50%~150%,
P19: 0 gear enable bit, 0: 0 gear, 1: 0 gear
P20:0: Protocol No. 2 1: 5S Protocol 2: Alternate 3: Alternate

Fault Codes Below

Table 1: Fault code and meaning
Fault code (decimal) Fault status Remarks
0 normal status
1 Reserved 4
2 brake
3 Power sensor failure (ride sign) Not implemented here
4 6KM/H cruise
5 Real-time cruise
6 Battery undervoltage
7 Motor failure
8 Turn fault
9 Controller failure
10 Communication reception failure
11 Communication failure
12 BMS communication failure
13 Headlight failure

Hope this helps anyone with this combination.

I tried the S866 with my 1500W KT-36/48v before diagnosing so not sure if still getting the E10 because not sure what protocol the KT controller communicates on

Speedee

Pedelecer
May 11, 2019
Yes, error codes clear when the problem has been fixed and you speed up the motor above 6 km/h. Check out page 10 of the S866 LCD and brainpower controller thread for a more comprehensive S866 user manual.

arcaoroggy

Dec 31, 2021

steeviedawg11

Just Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Can anyone tell me how to fix er 07 on a s866 display I know it's voltage bit can't narrow down the problem bike keeps cutting out everything connects up power's on wen try throttle nothing pedal Assist goes cuts out after few seconds any help would b much appreciated

Advertisers