leaning tadpole trike

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
Leaning / tilting tadpole trike

Leaning in the corners has its advantages, and this Dutch product looks pretty good I think. The frame / chassis seems a little on the heavy side though (nearly 60Kg apparently), which makes electrical assistance all the more attractive. :D (48V, 16Ah battery)

3000 Euros for the barebones model, and twice as much for the fully-equipped one.

Video on the front page:

Drymer, dé innovatieve futuristische elektrische fiets - Drymer, dé innovatieve futuristische elektrische fiets

More videos on YouTube:

YouTube - De Drymer, een elektrisch en futuristisch fietsconcept

YouTube - Drymer

Lots of photos here:

Fotoalbum - Drymer, dé innovatieve futuristische elektrische fiets

Prototype (Crystalite hub motor ?):

Finished product, with chunky Schwalbe Big Apple tyres:

Unlike most velomobile shells, this one stands high for better visibility in car traffic:

Last edited:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This looks like the one reported in Velovision quite some while ago. At that time it was being developed by a University and supported by Nike, the Nike "tick" branding on the front of the streamlined housing.

It was intended for electrical power eventually.

Velovision have published photos of a number of leaning recumbent trikes and quads over the years, but weight has always been a problem with them, and they rarely reach the market.

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Awesome. That first pic looks like if it hit 88mph it would go back in time :eek:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
......but weight has always been a problem with them, and they rarely reach the market.
That was the first question that came to mind when I saw the video...quickly followed by how much does it cost!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
The Tripendo is nice, I didn't know there was an electric-assist version though (Heinzmann internally-geared motor unit by the looks of it). It's a proper recumbent trike, much lower to the ground than the Dutch product. I love low-riding trikes but I wouldn't like to hit traffic at speed...it's hard to be seen and to see properly.

Last edited: