Lekkie 42T Bling Rings on eBay UK

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
For anyone who is serious about upping the climbing performance of their BBS01 or BBS02, then a 42T chainring is a good investment:

Lekkie Bling Ring 42 tooth chain ring for Bafang BBS01/02

They also reduce strain on the motor and improve the chainline, for less problems with shifting and alignment issues.

Oh, and they also look super cool :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicsee

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Can anyone who has fitted one of these, confirm how much more offset it provides over a standard Bafang chainring?

bmc

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Whitworth Lancs.
Can anyone who has fitted one of these, confirm how much more offset it provides over a standard Bafang chainring?

I've just fitted one today, and I would think it's improved the chainline by about 5mm.

Reactions: Fordulike

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Standard Bafang chainring has a 5.5mm inset and the Lekkie has 9mm so its actually 3.5mm closer in.

culy30

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2016
Hereford
I fitted a Lekkie chainring recently to a 36v 250w Bafang 8 fun. It's well made and lightweight. The chainline is indeed 3.5mm closer to the centre line as posted by Kinninvie. The quality of the machining is superb, the stock 46t stamped steel thing was awful. The £60 for the Lekkie ring seems expensive, but I wouldn't like to make one for less! They should come down in price if demand is high enough. I bought from Brighton e Bikes on ebay. Very quick delivery.

The bike (actually my wife's) is an MBK Alloy Frame Hybrid with a standard 68mm BB and 700c wheels. The chainstays are quite long, which helps with the chainline issue. I do however find the right hand crank arm is about 8mm further from the centre line than the left hand crank. I have filed the square taper a little inside the r/h crank so that the crank now sits as snug as possible to the bottom bracket. I was able to reduce the offset by about 2mm by doing this.

It seems to me that Bafang could modify the whole unit to sit a little more centrally to improve this situation as nearly everyone mentions the chainline issue.

Having the 42t chainring fitted when combined with an 8 speed 11-34 rear cassette on 700c wheels the gearing is wide enough to cope with most road/trail conditions.