lets finally de restrict the carrera corssfire e bike

ebike10

Just Joined
Feb 12, 2019
i have two objectives,
1) to derestrict my ebike
2) to install a throttle

ive attached a picture of the wires found within the controller of my e bike. There are two white plugs shown in the picture, one of which is attached to the red, yellow, black and green wires - this leads to the torque sensor found on the other side of the chain ring. The other white plug is attached to the red, white and black wire which leads to the lcd screen on my bike. im not sure if detaching one of the white plugs will de limit the speed - i highly doubt it

does anyone have any suggestions based on the pic ive provided and the description ive given as to any solutions that can derestrict this e bike? another thought im having is thinking if its possible to add a throttle by detaching the white plug for the torque sensor? that toque sensor picks up motion from the pedals and sends information back to the controller to provide the bike with power, instead a throttle may be able to replace this?

id be grateful for any help

Attachments

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
to install a throttle
don't go there.
If you have a throttle, you need brake sensors to cut out the motor just in case the throttle gets stuck when engaged.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Throttle won't work if you disconnect the TS as the programming won't recognise it.
The Controller needs configuring to have a throttle fitted just like the TDSZ kits Woosh sells, they have two versions of the same kit one with and one with out. The lcd pin out is different for a throttle version.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Only way to achieve what you want is to replace all of the electric components, bar the battery and motor, and replace with generic items. Quite a bit of work, but it has been done.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
The system is locked tight, also the rpm only allows 20mph anyway and that drops off as the charge levels out. To truly get more speed you need a new controller and 48v battery. That said even with 36v the ride is much more pleasant with a Chinese controller as it allows full assistance at its max speed

Advertisers