Lidl bike workstand 16/03/15

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Reactions: jonathan75
D

Deleted member 4366

Those stands are great for a standard crossbar bike, but not so good for electric bikes. The weight of the battery or hub-motor is too nuch for the clamp, so the bike rotates into the vertical position. It'll probably be OK if your bike balances when you hold it by the crossbar. It definitely won't work wiyh a rear hub-motor and rear battery.

Reactions: Gubbins

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
The pump and saddles look a cracking deal, but I checked and it looks like ebay has these stands or v similar for around the £27 mark incl p&p, so there's leisure to decide whether one wants one.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
It's difficult to tell from the photo but I don't think that's the same stand as I bought a couple of years ago from Lidl or Aldi.

The base on mine seems to spread much further than the one in the pic although, as I said, it's hard to see it properly. As far as mine is concerned, it supports my rear hub-driven Kalkhoff in spite of the inherent imbalance with such bikes. I can even hand-pedal to quite a high speed with the bike on the stand which is useful when fettling derailleur gears. It has never twisted away from the near horizontal position under such load and has never broken free from the clamp. The fulcrum for clamping of course is critical.

A decent stand really is a boon when working on bikes and the doubts I had about the stand's ability to cope with an offset load of a smidgin over 21Kgs were soon forgotten. Having said all that, I never raise my bike to the height of the Cannonade in the picture as I tend to sit while doing many of the tasks but even when standing, I don't need the bike too far off the ground. Whether or not that's anything to do with the fact I'm only 4'-9", I can't be sure.

Tom

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Mine balances perfectly with the BBS02 fitted.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Those stands are great for a standard crossbar bike, but not so good for electric bikes. The weight of the battery or hub-motor is too nuch for the clamp, so the bike rotates into the vertical position. It'll probably be OK if your bike balances when you hold it by the crossbar. It definitely won't work wiyh a rear hub-motor and rear battery.
I saw them when they were on sale at Aldi and thought my e-bike might be too much for one.... So I bought a more stable one at a much higher cost which holds it up fine! You have to bear in mind that if you take off the front wheel it makes it even more unstable, having said.. I always take the battery off and attach at the saddle stem to keep things more in balance.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coyote-Workshop-Maintenance-Bike-Stand-RRP-129-99-/191503766046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9683921e