Lights out

Nonagenarian

Just Joined
May 16, 2019
I have a Cyclamatic GTE, purchased in 2013. Due to faulty storage, the front light broke off. I replaced it with a standard cycle front lamp. Turned on the lights and for a brief moment the light worked. Then everything went out. Then found out it is 24volt system. Surprisingly, the cycle light bulb still works, but nothing on the bike does. Battery shows full charge. The main fuse on the battery is intact. Is there a secondary fuse or circuit breaker elsewhere?

Nonagenarian

Just Joined
May 16, 2019
I have a Cyclamatic GTE, purchased in 2013. Due to faulty storage, the front light broke off. I replaced it with a standard cycle front lamp. Turned on the lights and for a brief moment the light worked. Then everything went out. Then found out it is 24volt system. Surprisingly, the cycle light bulb still works, but nothing on the bike does. Battery shows full charge. The main fuse on the battery is intact. Is there a secondary fuse or circuit breaker elsewhere?
I have now found a second fuse, hidden by the battery handle. That too is still intact. Does anyone know why the power has vanished? The battery lights say fully charged. If it is this ECL thing, why would turning on the lights do it damage, before blowing the fuses or the bulbs.?

Advertisers