Like riding through the woods?

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
2 Jun 2015 - Perpetrators strung 'at least six' neck-high wires between trees in Coldean Woods, a popular route for cyclists near Brighton.

One of my local woods.

An extract from cycling weekly. Searching the web show that this is happening all over the country.

I can think of a few forum users who love single wooded tracks. Be careful.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Who on earth is breeding these idiots!

What next, punji traps and landmines :eek:
This crops up now and again, although I've not heard of it around 'our' way - north east.

I'm always reassured by seeing cyclists (with their heads still attached to their necks) coming the other way on trails, or by seeing one up ahead.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
This crops up now and again, although I've not heard of it around 'our' way - north east.
No, we've got to contend with the scallywags riding trail and quad bikes on the cycle paths lol

Spotted a right pair of nobs on the C2C yesterday, helmetless on trail bikes, weaving in and out of pedestrians, pedal bikes and dogs at reckless speed.

Where's the bizzies when you need them :mad:

Reactions: jonathan75

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yes, I've seen occasional motorised skullduggery on the C2C where it approaches Washington.

C

Cyclezee

There have been reports of 'wire stringing' between trees on the Milton Keynes Redway network, I haven't come across it personally, if I had I probably wouldn't have written this.
About 20 years ago some miscreant or miscreants dragged a branch from a newly felled tree across a stretch of Redway. It was struck by a cyclist on his early morning ride to work, he crashed to the ground and died from severe head injuries.

I have no idea how this kind of lunacy can be prevented.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
SRS Be very careful if you ride in Friston as well. I went there recently, and didn't really enjoy it, as my mind was more focussed on looking for wires, than it was on the riding.

You also have someone in your area lacing food with rat poison and leaving out for dogs to eat. :(

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
SRS Be very careful if you ride in Friston as well. I went there recently, and didn't really enjoy it, as my mind was more focussed on looking for wires, than it was on the riding.

You also have someone in your area lacing food with rat poison and leaving out for dogs to eat. :(
When I were a kid one of the local lads died as a result of a wire.
That, I am sure was a prank. This time it is, I believe with intent to injure.

Sorry if the thought ruined your ride but thought I'd make people aware.

As far as the rat poison, I heard but why would anyone do that? Its beyond me.

Advertisers