Little teapot (short and stout) looking for her first eBike

HannahJade

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Hi All

My lockdown goal was to learn to ride a bike, I know at 30 years old you would have thought that would have learnt before now but hey ho.

Fast forward to now, I can ride a bike just about and have decided an ebike would be the right fit for me, as I am overweight but also have a chronic condition where I can unexpectedly get very tired, so don't want to go on a ride not to have the energy to get home again.

I am just under 5ft3 and 105kg and mainly want a bike to ride on cycle paths, parks and the odd road (not very confident with roads yet).

Due to mobility issues I would also like a low step/stepthrough style bike, I have been put off front wheel motor styles as I have read that they are less stable which as a new to bikes full stop wouldnt be ideal for me.

I live in Bristol so a pretty hilly place.

Budget ideally around £1000 but for the right one could go up to £1300ish.

I have been looking at a couple of the Juicy Bikes like the Facelia or maybe a Wisper but open to ideas especially if any one knows of any that have availability in the next month or so.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
A front wheel motor isn't a deal-breaker, especially on stepthrough bikes. I would recommend the Woosh Big Bear LS too. I think it will be perfect as long as it's not too big. You should be OK at 5ft 3". Ask them to make the throttle full-range, because it helps heavy people to balance when they start off.