Location for 52v battery pack

zippy500zippy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 15, 2016
London
Thinking where to fit a battery pack, like it to be a bit stealthy. it will probably be a 52v 15ah pack.

Will be fitted to Hybrid bike will only be used for commuting.

I was looking at previous thread battery location. I dont think I will put it in the triangle looks to obvious, I looked a rack mounted kit, but then I have heard it is 6 Kg on the rack which can make the bike feel top heavy.

My next thought was back pack kit which seemed like a good idea but not sure now, which doesnt leave much else.

Is there such a thing where the battery can be fitted low down on the rear rack flat against the pannier frame.

Any ideas????

Thanks

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
First thought, why do you want/need nearly 800wh of battery?

It's a lot of battery. You only need it if you want to go very fast, or a long way.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
For the moment mine is in a pannier and the weight is just above the axle. It is in an aluminum toolbox with a stainless ring bolted to put a cable through. So it can be stolen by a well equipped thief. What he will then do with 4 lipo bricks... Maybe try and cut the wires? That would be fun to watch :rolleyes: Or accidentally pierce one... :eek:

I am working on an every day short range battery that will go on the top bar in a Roswheel bag.

zippy500zippy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 15, 2016
London
I like the idea of the Lunacycle battery will it be good for a BBSHD mid drive. is there a UK stockist for this, I can see this being expensive to ship and custom charges for 2 units