Help! Lockable top box for rear rack?

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
It's quite common to have a lockable top box on a motorbike. Many e-bikes have a rear rack for the battery but I don't see any with top boxes but I see that they are available. Years ago when I was mad enough to ride a Norton Commando I had a top box on it that took two full face helmets which wash any when you stopped & didn't want to carry your helmet about. Something that would take a cycle helmet would be nice. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
this one has two holes for a padlock (on the left of the latch)

if it’s just your helmet you’re worried about you could simply put a cable lock through one of the many holes in the helmet and lock it to your bike, just like many motorcyclists do.3E6A08FA-13D9-4B51-9939-6E3549846AB8.jpeg

Last edited:

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
this one has two holes for a padlock (on the left of the latch)

if it’s just your helmet you’re worried about you could simply put a cable lock through one of the many holes in the helmet and lock it to your bike, just like many motorcyclists do.View attachment 42434
Is that a recommendation?

An advantage of a top box for holding your helmet is if it’s raining

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Is that a recommendation?

An advantage of a top box for holding your helmet is if it’s raining
No it’s not a recommendation as I’ve never had a need for such a product.
There are also such things as waterproof helmet bags available.

Mars

Pedelecer
May 24, 2020
I have the bikybox. Bought to hold a second phylion battery so will be big enough for a helmet unless you have a big head like me. Has a small hole for a padlock.