Lockdown

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
I remember a panel show on the wireless where comedians could banter. Ted Ray was the quickest and smartest, Tommy Trinder not so much.
Ted Ray, Arthur Askey, Tommy Trinder and Jimmy Edwards - Does the team think... That was where I got most of my jokes from! I've learned more about history from comedy films than I ever grasped at school. Carry on Cleo helped me understand the Romans. Sad perhaps, but it worked.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Totally out of order again, smashing down a door, not for a crime but for a suspected civil offence, imaginary anyway.

It's what happens when a government unnecessarily takes police state steps.
That guy can count himself extremely lucky he`s living in England and not in New York, Moscow or any other city/country in the world, a broken door would be the least of his worries.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That guy can count himself extremely lucky he`s living in England and not in New York, Moscow or any other city/country in the world, a broken door would be the least of his worries.
Agreed, but two wrongs (or multiple ones) don't make a right.

We don't normally police that way. Unfortunately rabble rousers like some of our current Ministers accidentally encourage this heavy handed behaviour.

Reactions: Bobajob

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Ted Ray, Arthur Askey, Tommy Trinder and Jimmy Edwards - Does the team think... That was where I got most of my jokes from! I've learned more about history from comedy films than I ever grasped at school. Carry on Cleo helped me understand the Romans. Sad perhaps, but it worked.
[/QUO
Infamy, infamy, they've all go it in for me. Then I went out and cleaned the bike.

Reactions: flecc

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Well after saying I would not do any more lockdown exercise rides on my Haibike, I did another two on Sunday and Tuesday before my ride to work if I do ride to work on Thursday tomorrow.
Hascombe Lockdown ride 12 04 20 011.JPG
Field with a view, Hascombe, Surrey
lockdown ride 14 04 20 005.JPG
Old Wall before Gates Street Farm Surrey
lockdown ride 14 04 20 003.JPG
Little used bridal path near Mill Pond Bramley

Oh well back to the drudgery of my off road route to work below.

Ride to Work 22 March 20 005.JPG
Traversing Crooksbury Common on the way to work on the 22nd of March 2020

I have just checked and my on duty start time is not conducive with my cross country ride to work due to being a tad too early.

Last edited:

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
No messing around in the IOM - straight to jail!

Two more men jailed for Covid-19 offences

Two more men on Island have been jailed for breaching self isolation and social distancing during the pandemic.

The constabulary confirmed the update after both offenders appear in court.

One of the men persistently failed to stay in as required and was sentenced to 4 weeks in jail.

The second, who went round to a friends for a drink was also given a 4-week jail term.

Police say they are a tolerant, friendly force - however they won't muck around with Public safety and will do all they can to save lives.

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
News is not encouraging.
"Scientists around the world have analysed more than 2,500 publicly shared Covid-19 genomes and identified 100-150 variations".
Irish Times.
Several places saying there are 3 strains now, but it mutates every 15days on avg.
So harder finding a vaccine to stop it! :'(
And for balance ?:

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
the world economy is being destroyed at the end of the day nothing is going to be the same again for a very long time this is going to be the next grate depression and last at least 50 years.

and it was all going to go bang anyway i just see this virus as the excuse for it all.

and what do expect when in 2009 when it all went bang what did we do borrow 3 times the national debt in 10 years.

governments are like kids with a unlimited credit cards pay off the interest and rack up the total debt. and forget about it.

and now the $hit is really going to hit the fan this time pmsl
I imagine Germans felt that in May 1945 but by the sixties they had rebuilt a lot of their towns and cities and were farly humming along. True they accepted Marshall aid but repaid it later. A 50 year depression! Come On!

Reactions: Amoto65

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I imagine Germans felt that in May 1945 but by the sixties they had rebuilt a lot of their towns and cities and were farly humming along. True they accepted Marshall aid but repaid it later. A 50 year depression! Come On!
But they were the virus!

Many of those who voted for Brexit think they still are.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So harder finding a vaccine to stop it!
60 firms, 80 candidate vaccines, all based on the new nano medicine technologies - most will kill SARS-COV-2 but many will also kill the patients, some right away, some in the near future.

How to make $$$ billions:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So how many people here are actually waiting for a vaccine and/or are going to get it once available?
a vaccine means that the body can acquire immunity and produce antibody which can be used as treatment. No wonder that virtually everyone in the world will welcome it.
But I think you asked how many would want to be immunised with it?
I guess one out of 4 or 5.
The new vaccine is not without risk because it is almost certainly based on nano technology. The one being trialled this week is based on an adenovirus whose genetic has been modified to contain a gene that makes one of the proteins that make up the spikes of the SARS-COV-2. Once the virus is integrated into the arm's muscle, the muscle will produce lots of spike proteins which should stimulate your body to produce antibodies against those spike proteins.
There is no mechanism to stop your body making more spike protein. There is also no mechanism to prevent what is called ADE, antibody dependent enhancement, where the CV uses your antibodies to get into your cells.

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
So how many people here are actually waiting for a vaccine and/or are going to get it once available?
General public will be low on the list...

Once a vaccine was available, it would be administered according to the following priorities:

• 1. Health workers occupationally most at risk

• 2. Key service workers

• 3. Group(s) most vulnerable to illness

• 4. Enclosed communities, such as residential care homes

• 5. People most likely to transmit the virus

• 6. General population.

As per UK Bird Flu Pandemic planning from 2006

Last edited: