Long time lurker activated at last :)

ColBak

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 14, 2017
Prestatyn
Hi All.

After lurking anonymously for a good while, I have finally taken the plunge and bought my first leccy bike.

We got the Batribike Omega - took it for a 4 mile ride today and was suitably impressed.

TBH, it is not really for me, but for my partner who has a dicky ticker, and agreed to give one 'a go', (her medical consultant has approved this step).

The plan is that, if my partner decides that leccy cycling is 'for her', then we will buy another of the same model for me. Until then, I will be reluctantly using 100% leg power on my old bike. If she decides she doesn't like the idea, then I just got myself a nice bike, but in a colour that wouldn't have been my first choice :)

I have been considering getting an electric bike for some time. We live in Prestatyn, and have a good network of cycle paths, with very few hilly sections until you start going inland a bit.

It wasn't the few hilly bits that prompted me to consider going electric, but rather the wind.
We often get crazy strong wind here pretty often, and I had taken to viewing the local sailing club windsock webcam before leaving the house before deciding between bike or car.

Hopefully those days will be over soon.

Reactions: oyster and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum and e-biking with whatever bike you end up with. Hopefully your partner will join you in the new interest and find what a pleasure it is.

ColBak

Feb 14, 2017
Prestatyn
thanks all

Whatever happens, I will end up with an electric bike - it just depends on which way my partner decides to jump :)

Reactions: flecc

ColBak

Feb 14, 2017
Prestatyn
Good news... My partner has decided that the Batribike Omega is good, and is 'hers' ... So I got to buy a new e-bike for me.

Consequently I have ordered a Batribike Alpha... Will review it once it arrives and has had a bit of a thrashing :)

Reactions: awol