Looking for suggestions

Migs

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Hi friends,

I installed a BBSHD kit with a HL-2 casing battery onto my 2006 Santa Cruz Heckler to commute about 30 k's to work and another 30 back home of hilly tracks. The bike is a beast, but I mounted the battery underneath the downtube because it didnt fit inside the frame, the problem I have is that the tyre now rubs against the battery so I now have to lock the front shocks. I've considered buying one of those samsung mighty mini cube battery, but Im worried about the range, I dont think it would be enough to even get to work. the other option would be to mount it on the top tube, but I really dont want to do that. Any suggestions are highly welcome. See attached a pic of the bike.

Thanks!

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
200mm dh forks ;)

Nev

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2018
North Wales
I can't quite tell from the pic if there is enough room, but would it be possible to fix the battery on the other side of the down tube it is currently on? It would mean you won't be able to fit a bottle cage but looks like you don't bother with one anyway.

Migs

Just Joined
Jul 25, 2018
I can't quite tell from the pic if there is enough room, but would it be possible to fix the battery on the other side of the down tube it is currently on? It would mean you won't be able to fit a bottle cage but looks like you don't bother with one anyway.
Hi mate, It doesnt fit because of the rear shock.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
No easy fix there I'm afraid. I don't think that Luna pack will give you the range you need even on PAS1, and it really isn't up to powering a BBSHD at full power, the cells are max'ed out and they will start to deteriorate and lose capacity quite quickly if you do. Maybe 2 of them wired in parallel would work. I think you will have to look at a custom battery pack and case if you want a tidy looking solution and the use of your front suspension.

Related Articles

Advertisers