Looking to buy ebike similar to Aventon Pace 500 in UK

Collis123

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2019
Hi there,

I'm based in the UK. I am looking for an ebike similar to the Aventon Pace 500 or the ride1up bikes in the US. Sadly, after trying multiple dealers there is no way of importing them into the UK.

I will be using off road on a farm and would like a bike that can assist up to 26-27mph with a range of at least 12-15 miles. It looks like the Benton or ride1up bikes would have been perfect for that.

Does anyone know what what my options are to buy in the UK? Is there a similar pre built model I could buy? Or would I have to custom build? I assume I need a 500w motor and a big battery.

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire

This looks like a good choice. How easy are they to derestrict? Does anybody have them? What kinds of speeds and range can you typically get?
What sort of off road are you doing? You may be better off with a Cube Reaction Hybrid with CX motor rather than that one, which is more road biased. Easy to derestrict.

Collis123

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2019
What sort of off road are you doing? You may be better off with a Cube Reaction Hybrid with CX motor rather than that one, which is more road biased. Easy to derestrict.
Its mainly going to be tarmacked roads. Sometimes over cut grass. So I think the Cube Cross Hybrid would be fine.

When you say easy to derestrict, whats the process and what sorts of pedal assisted speeds can you do? And what kind of range?

Last edited:

xena

Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2017
Cross Hands, Carmarthenshire
My only experience is with Bosch CX and Active Line - I can't talk for the new ALP range.

Derestriction options are here:

You'd prob get about 23mph derestricted, or a bit more with a bigger front cog. Depends how much effort you want to put in and how fast you want to spin!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015