looking to purchase first pedelec,

somersetnewbie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 15, 2011
Due to ongoing health probs have not exercised for 15years and get v tired easliy.Looking at idea of pedelec as way of starting v gentle exercise and build up to trips of 8miles. (to pub and back with husband) on easy terrain. If not up to it would hope to resale. I have had a five min test on a raleigh and have been looking at the powacycle windsor online. We are rural so not too many outlets near us. Also wondered about a used bike but concerned about price of replacement battery if bought 2 year old model.how long would they last? Any advice or warnings i should note would be greatly received . Great site, thanks

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You will get tonnes of advice from many members and lots of replies I'm sure.
Electric bikes are a great way to exercise and you get to look over garden fences too, so great for nosey people!
You might want to start a new post in Electric Bikes, rather than here in Announcements.
There are some good shops, not too far from you: Atmosphere in Bristol, E-Motion in Swindon and Get Cycling in Weymouth - all have a good range of bikes to try (and you really should try a few).
My advice is to purchase from a BEBA registered manufacturer.

Welcome again and good luck with your search.

Advertisers