Looks good to me!

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
very smart

I think this looks like a great town bike and the price is keen too - what do you guys think?

Gocycle: The fold-up electric bicycle fit for the 21st century
...yes, looks good, ideal commuter, interesting frame manufacture, would certainly like to have a go,

also liked this from the same site, if a little pricey...

Urban cruiser: the A2B electric bike

...and this is one strange bike..... isn't that George 'DubYa' Bush riding it...?

GlideCycle: giving back independence and mobility

Last edited:

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
horses for courses

I don't agree on the GoCycle and have posted some opinions on this link.
....Thanks for the link Mr Flecc, hadn't seen the parallel thread,

i hear your reasoning, but this is a fun bike, aimed at 'kewl' kids,

it's simple, stylish, would cope well with the daily demands of the modern urbanite who probably conducts most of his life within a ten mile radius.

my feeling is that it is better to get peeps onto any sort of bike and out of their car, the more that do, the better for all of us.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I accept all the arguments for it Beeps, but like most "cool" gadgets, it will probably disappear after a while and have no lasting effect.

Far from popularising e-biking, it's poor performance as one will just put many off, especially after they've spent so much on it. I'm betting that for most who buy it, it will be not only their first e-bike, but their last as well, therefore ultimately doing more damage than good.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Shame the range is so limited, that and the inability to prove your manhood by kicking a big single into life.
Probably electrics two biggest problems, battery deficiencies and the lack of "right" sounds.

There's something about the whine, buzz and hum that will never capture the imagination in the way that ic engines sounds do. It's not about loudness, just the quality of the ic engine and exhaust sounds that is so much more appealing.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
And the smell... that 2-stroke smell... and the flooded carbs... grease on the carpet...
But then wind-up gramaphones and music centres played their part leading to MP3 players. It's what the next generation are wowed-by I suppose; that moves us forward.
Attached: pics of electric scooter from Juicy...

Attachments

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yuk! Not two strokes, they're currently being gradually killed off anyway and not before time thank goodness.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Maybe we could get the smell from a spray can and the sound from an MP3 flash memory card and the flooded carb effect from a computer generated intermittent fault chip device integrated into the lithium battery...