Lost motion..help....?

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
My Ezee seems to be fitted with motion sensor which has magnets fitted and responding to steel rule, and wires ok, but i understand this should pick up on instant peddling, which it never has, i would like to use this function can anyone guide me please, could this be something that could cause the loss of action......I bought this bike used with a stripped crank, i changed the chain wheel set to a old alloy SR 52/40 COULD THIS BE THE CAUSE ?......BEING ALLOY.....or could chain-wheel be at wrong spacing. thanks for help.

MK1 Ezee forza

D

Deleted member 4366

My Ezee seems to be fitted with motion sensor which has magnets fitted and responding to steel rule, and wires ok, but i understand this should pick up on instant peddling, which it never has, i would like to use this function can anyone guide me please, could this be something that could cause the loss of action......I bought this bike used with a stripped crank, i changed the chain wheel set to a old alloy SR 52/40 COULD THIS BE THE CAUSE ?......BEING ALLOY.....or could chain-wheel be at wrong spacing. thanks for help.

MK1 Ezee forza
Most likely cause is the magnet disc on back to front. Does it work pedalling backwards? If not, you have to follow the wires from the sensor to the controller. Look for damage and connector problems. One other thing: The disk needs to be close to the sensor - ideally about 1mm gap. If it's too far away, wiggle it closer and think about a spacer to keep it there if it won't stay.

It doesn't matter if you have an alloy crank or chain-wheel.In fact it's batter.

C

Cyclezee

I am not sure if you are aware Geo, but on the Mk1 Forza you have to twist the throttle whilst pedaling in pedelec mode.

If you are doing this already, then follow d8veh's suggestions.

If you don't have one, you can download an eZee manual here Downloads - electric bikes and conversion kits, choose the Torq 2009 one it is closest to the Forza. There is also a service manual which you might find useful.

Regards,

geostorm

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks d8veh, and John. i already peddle with throttle assist it was can get a bit sore on wrist and when i read reports and my recent test of Woosh i would like mine to be able to use instant pedal assist too so i am confused i what motion sensors doing if you have to use throttle same time, doesn't seem to be much explanation in manual. in the meantime i will try d8veh instructions if he can use this method so should we.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Hi again Geo,

The reason for having to use the throttle in pedelec mode was to be able to vary the power level.

The way round this is to replace the throttle with an EAF rotary variable power level dial. The EAF can also be fitted in addition to the throttle.

The latest eZee models introduced in 2012 have a new control console with 5 power settings and does not require use of the throttle in pedelec mode .