Lowest Price Decent Mid Drive

hygroovy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 14, 2015
So, keeping things as simple as possible, my grandfather would like to get an e-bike. We live in a very steep area so I've recommended a mid-drive. What's the lowest priced mid drive you can get from an (at least semi) reputable make?

He doesn't care about the style, or having a spectacular range, but he would like some warranty (hence why I haven't suggested a kit).

I've seen the Cube Town Hybrid One 400 for around £1700, but are there any more reasonably priced options?

For some context, I put together my own mid-drive (BBSHD) on an Orange hardtail a few years ago, and I absolutely love it, so I'm not completely ignorant about e-bikes. But I spend a lot more time riding than I do reading about it, so I have no idea what's going on in the e-bike market these days, and some advice from people with their finger a bit more on the pulse would be really helpful.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Woosh Santana CD. They even say they have it in stock (a big issue with ebikes at the moment).
Mail only unless you live nearby (Southend), excellent customer service all the same. They are likely to be cheaper to maintain than the Cube (Bosch) in a few years time as well.

You'll also get a warranty with a Woosh kit.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
What's happened to the cranks and pedals?
they seem to have disappeared because of my windows phone's camera is not very good, but they are there.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and gsm.terra