Magnetic disk

Saskatoongirl

Just Joined
Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I have a freego wren with a broken magnetic disk for epc. Any have an idea where I can buy this spare. Cheers

Chainring

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Juicy Bikes list them in three different sizes, and no doubt Woosh could help you as well. I've had one of these break, in the past.

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Do you know what size you need?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You can use any disc if the diameter is the same as your one. It's unusual for them to break make sure the sensor is also undamaged.

If you want to try and get an exact replacement then ebikesdirect took over the spares for Freego's after they went into liquidation, other wise post a pic of your disc.

To fit it the crank arm needs pulling to replace the disc.
So you need a crank puller and a spanner.

Is this the one you need ?
This one from ETC in Cambs.

This is a bit expensive and is the same one on the ebikesdirect page which are out of stock.

This one, the 12 pole one is a lot cheaper and should also as the diameter is the same size as the one on ebikes direct and the other two above.

Last edited:

artspeck

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2016
Sunderland
Atman Sandwich Kent is the exact one. They only have two left at £14 each. See them on EBay as Atman-Freego.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All three I have linked to will fit, £14 is a tad over the top also when you add the £3 p&p it is a bit expensive.
The ETC one is exactly the same as well and £10 delivered.
And the cheap one also is the same and you get the sensor for spare as well.

Reactions: artspeck